Value a goat ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":3gi7swvn said:
I was at salebarn yesterday, saw dang goats going for $85-over $100--said "I'm in the wrong business....."

I don't care if they go to $1000.00 each. I'm not going to mess wIth goats. Nothing against the folks that like them, but you'll never see me with one. I don't even like to eat them. The best thing I can say about goat meat is that it's better than sheep.

Rafter S":1khpwc3j said:
greybeard":1khpwc3j said:
I was at salebarn yesterday, saw dang goats going for $85-over $100--said "I'm in the wrong business....."

I don't care if they go to $1000.00 each. I'm not going to mess wIth goats. Nothing against the folks that like them, but you'll never see me with one. I don't even like to eat them. The best thing I can say about goat meat is that it's better than sheep.

It is the fence that has to be so valuable to hold a goat it has to hold water.
There will be none here that is just more guard duty to try to prevent it from
becoming some kind of critter turd.
Guy a few miles off tried it here the bobcats worked him over pretty rough.
They would kill the kids and drag them to the fence and leave most of the carcass as
they couldn't get it over the fence. He bought two Great Pyrenees that helped a lot.
Told if I had something standing in the pasture that made a pile as big as a cow it needed to produce
something to go to the sale barn.

The Spells are asking each entrant to pay a $150 submission fee, and said they hope to get 2,500 entries in all, which would total $375,000. This amount will be used to pay off the rest of their mortgage, while $20,000 will be given to the contest winners, according to the Spells.

And this is called "Giving away your place"????? Sounds like they're most likely about to lose it. :nod:

TexasBred":7h5v61bw said:
The Spells are asking each entrant to pay a $150 submission fee, and said they hope to get 2,500 entries in all, which would total $375,000. This amount will be used to pay off the rest of their mortgage, while $20,000 will be given to the contest winners, according to the Spells.

And this is called "Giving away your place"????? Sounds like they're most likely about to lose it. :nod:

I've been thinking about this a bit and wonder if this isn't a legal way to get around the raffle ticket law. Pretty ingenious if it works. You see a friend of mine moved from here and he was having a hard time selling his house. Our town raffled off a commercial building for a $100 ticket and I told him he should try that. Who wouldn't want to take a chance on buying a $300 ticket for a chance at a $120,000 home when the odds are 1:400. I suggested he have a third party hold the money - the bank - and we have a big BBQ the day of the drawing and do one of those reverse drawings like the Catholic Church likes to do.

He liked the idea and he got an attorney to help draw things up where it would be all above board and all then was told it was illegal to do this because only the government or the Church can sponsor gambling events like this in Georgia. (yeah, the Church part does sound odd to me too)

Anyway, I wonder if this is not his way of getting out from under the note and skirting the law.

Jogeephus":39chzzeu said:
I've been thinking about this a bit and wonder if this isn't a legal way to get around the raffle ticket law. Pretty ingenious if it works. You see a friend of mine moved from here and he was having a hard time selling his house. Our town raffled off a commercial building for a $100 ticket and I told him he should try that. Who wouldn't want to take a chance on buying a $300 ticket for a chance at a $120,000 home when the odds are 1:400. I suggested he have a third party hold the money - the bank - and we have a big BBQ the day of the drawing and do one of those reverse drawings like the Catholic Church likes to do.

He liked the idea and he got an attorney to help draw things up where it would be all above board and all then was told it was illegal to do this because only the government or the Church can sponsor gambling events like this in Georgia. (yeah, the Church part does sound odd to me too)

Anyway, I wonder if this is not his way of getting out from under the note and skirting the law.

Jo...sounds to me like all y'all need to do is decide which one of you is gonna be the preacher and which on will be the deacon and then come up with a catchy name like "The Church of What's Happening Now" or "Looking for a New Home Non-Denominational Church". Surely you can get a lawyer to be a member and do the paperwork for free or at least for "credit" toward his tithe. :lol: :lol:

Don't think I haven't thought about it. Heck, everyone else around here owns a church why shouldn't I? I even have three pews and I can guarantee you between the uncomfortable nature of pews, the frequency at which I'll pass the plate around and my singing won't nobody be sleeping through my sermons.

I do think the lottery thing would be a great way to move a house though. Can't see why that would be illegal if it was all transparent and done above board with a third party holding the money.

Jogeephus":x5r1qdlq said:
Don't think I haven't thought about it. Heck, everyone else around here owns a church why shouldn't I? I even have three pews and I can guarantee you between the uncomfortable nature of pews, the frequency at which I'll pass the plate around and my singing won't nobody be sleeping through my sermons.

I do think the lottery thing would be a great way to move a house though. Can't see why that would be illegal if it was all transparent and done above board with a third party holding the money.

Crank it up and kick it off....I'll be that "third party". :cowboy: :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":1dg38u99 said:
All the beer you can drink with your tithe. Should pack em in there for sure.

If you'll distill a couple batches, I'm in.
I think the corruption here is in who judges the essay's. I have had my fill of teachers who should have put me in the Honor Society but did not, despite my obvious brilliance. These folks offer no assurance of a transparent selection process.

Latest posts