Valley Vet

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Ordered some stuff form Valley Vet around 3 pm wednesday UPS delivered it the next day. Gotta love service like that!

Last week, I ordered flea/tick meds for our 2 dogs; it was $15 - $30 cheaper than anywhere else I checked. You could have knocked me over with a feather at checkout when the shipping was FREE.

If I order here in VA before 10am, it's here the next day free. Plus they actually know what you're talking about when you ask for something, pretty uncommon these days.

I started using them about 3 years ago. They pretty much get all my business now. Price, service, and selection has been great.

We have used Valley Vet for years and always been satisfied. They are good folks.
Tom.

I met the guy that owns it at FarmFest in Sprignfield a couple of years ago. Great guy

josh90":24hpfwai said:
ArmyDoc":24hpfwai said:
Do they have a web site?

They have the best service, and prices.. The vet charged me $40 for something that I could have got from valley vet for $21, and free shipping..

http://www.valleyvet.com/

I will have to give my local vet credit for good prices. I buy syringes and needles by the box so he cuts me a break. We ordered vaccines, syringes, needles and wormer for our spring working, priced them from Valley Vet and our local vet. I saved $40 buying locally. I like to buy local if possible and feel I can ask them questions plus they know our cattle and operation so when my daughter needs health papers for show calfs they ask me if everything is ok then write the papers. He commented that he knew us enough he trusted our judgement and they have seen them at one time or another usually.

dun":1qfim7l7 said:
I met the guy that owns it at FarmFest in Sprignfield a couple of years ago. Great guy

He was here in Va at the Farm Show a couple years back, nice fella. We stopped by the outlet store the last time we were in Kansas, felt like a kid in a candy store.

Valley Vet is great. We get as much stuff from there as possible. They might not have the best prices, but when the vet is 30 miles + away, getting everything the next day evens it all out.

josh90":39ijmxtl said:
They have the best service, and prices.. The vet charged me $40 for something that I could have got from valley vet for $21, and free shipping.

Having worked in veterinary clinics, I don't know what to think of this. You do remember that veterinarians are doctors, right? I'm trying to picture myself going to my physician's office and buying bandages or whatever and being surprised when they aren't as cheap as some outlet store.

Second, with all the years of schooling it takes to become a veterinarian, it's a downer when you realize how little you make compared to other professionals. Then to hear complaints about prices....and we wonder why we can't find large animal veterinarians any more.

I remember veterinarians going out in the middle of the night doing C-sections, etc in awful conditions - not really making a profit. Kind of have to price other things to make up for that.

djinwa":3s8zyqio said:
josh90":3s8zyqio said:
They have the best service, and prices.. The vet charged me $40 for something that I could have got from valley vet for $21, and free shipping.

Having worked in veterinary clinics, I don't know what to think of this. You do remember that veterinarians are doctors, right? I'm trying to picture myself going to my physician's office and buying bandages or whatever and being surprised when they aren't as cheap as some outlet store.

Second, with all the years of schooling it takes to become a veterinarian, it's a downer when you realize how little you make compared to other professionals. Then to hear complaints about prices....and we wonder why we can't find large animal veterinarians any more.

I remember veterinarians going out in the middle of the night doing C-sections, etc in awful conditions - not really making a profit. Kind of have to price other things to make up for that.

I understand that, but they had a choice to become a vet or not. He could have just charged for the service, and gave me an option of purchasing the antibiotic. I don't believe that charging more than twice for something will get you anywhere, or anyone's business. But thats just my opinion.

josh90":1g5e8cj9 said:
djinwa":1g5e8cj9 said:
josh90":1g5e8cj9 said:

I understand that, but they had a choice to become a vet or not. He could have just charged for the service, and gave me an option of purchasing the antibiotic. I don't believe that charging more than twice for something will get you anywhere, or anyone's business. But thats just my opinion.

Just curious as to what the item was?

Latest posts