Valentine's Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Coinciding with the rise of Tinder and other dating/hook up apps a new study on sex and dating found
90% of college age dating couples had sex before going on their first date.
What???
Sex before marriage? It's now become a question of having sex before asking/accepting a 1st date.
Married couples that had sex before their first date expressed a 14% higher level of satisfaction with their mate.

So I'm guessing you may not want to ask your daughter... How did you meet your new boyfriend?
Nor expect an honest answer. :)
Happy Valentine's Day

p.s.
Couples that celebrated Valentine's Day in 2016 spent an average of $147 and women rated the importance of it
20% higher than men.

Makes me glad I'm a Gen X! Hubby & I exchanged cards - that's all. Well, we also spent quality bonding time together rounding up calves & taking them to the Sale Barn. Who says romance is dead ? :heart:

TCRanch":2mg6cqaj said:
Makes me glad I'm a Gen X! Hubby & I exchanged cards - that's all. Well, we also spent quality bonding time together rounding up calves & taking them to the Sale Barn. Who says romance is dead ? :heart:
You sound like us! Exchanged cards (and a six pack of local craft beers), then went and fed cows by flashlight and shoveled the snow out of the barn after the big storm.

TCRanch":874qwktu said:
Boomer here. I think we spent a total of .........................$18. The obligatory cards in red envelopes and two #1 combos at Whataburger.

greybeard":oac74s0c said:
TCRanch":oac74s0c said:
Boomer here. I think we spent a total of .........................$18. The obligatory cards in red envelopes and two #1 combos at Whataburger.
There you go. Exactly what we did except I tried the new Buffalo Ranch Chicken....was pretty darn good.

We quit being sucked into the VD vacuum long ago. This year I bought a card, she didn't. We ate a buffalo burgers for lunch and watched a pay per view movie before calling it a night.

JUST another example of where todays main stream societal values diverge from ours.....

And yes I have been saying for years that we are not mainstream america and few of you believe me...

For my most recent first date (that sounds so strange to say it that way) I rode along with him while he hauled liquid manure to spread on his fields. For the second or so date with that same guy, I was shoulder deep in one of his cows delivering a calf for him. According to today's statistics, I guess you could call that atypical! :lol2: :lol2:

I got performance car parts for Valentine's Day this year, and he got ammo and beef jerky roses (mentioned by one of y'all on here, so thanks for that! :lol2: ). I'd say we are pretty much weirdos if you go by today's Valentine's Day standards.

:banana: :lol2:

We exchanged cards, he went and picked up parts and worked on the '88 GMC, I visited a neighbor who recently lost her husband of 55 years, fed all the animals, rand couple of errands and called it a day.

Here's something I wrestle with (which, admittedly, you can file under the category of "first World Problems"):
SAVE the cards? Or PITCH the cards?
When my paternal grandparents passed, I inherited years' worth of their anniversary cards (they made 65 years!) to each other which was kind of neat. (I'd never seen them as terribly affectionate with each other. Or anyone).
But does anyone really want all my old cards (bday, holiday, Val day) when I pass? Likely not....

boondocks":2d1ccyrz said:
Here's something I wrestle with (which, admittedly, you can file under the category of "first World Problems"):
SAVE the cards? Or PITCH the cards?
When my paternal grandparents passed, I inherited years' worth of their anniversary cards (they made 65 years!) to each other which was kind of neat. (I'd never seen them as terribly affectionate with each other. Or anyone).
But does anyone really want all my old cards (bday, holiday, Val day) when I pass? Likely not....

I save them - and fully expect my step kids to pitch them when the time comes ;-)

All I know is that the correct response when you're asked what you want to do for Valentines Day is NOT "Valentines day is for young couples that are still in love."

cow pollinater":cd7atf4h said:
All I know is that the correct response when you're asked what you want to do for Valentines Day is NOT "Valentines day is for young couples that are still in love."

amen brother.....

nor should one who is prudent, suggest that it is a made up holiday to sell flowers and candy which has morphed into Christmas in February.....

pdfangus":3lg574kb said:
cow pollinater":3lg574kb said:

amen brother.....

nor should one who is prudent, suggest that it is a made up holiday to sell flowers and candy which has morphed into Christmas in February.....

:lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts