Vaccines

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
I've always been lucky when buying calves (I've never had one die yet), but everyone else I know has problems and lose a couple. The next time i buy more I plan on vacinating them with Vision 7 Somnus, has anybody had luck with this vaccine, or would you suggest something else?

haven't used Vision 7. i use Alpha 7. it is oil based and the know it leaves will stay a little longer, but you only need to give it once. no booster is needed. that is why i like it IMO. what other vaccines do you use?

Our Advice:

• 1. Always buy cattle from a known quality source.
    2. If you don't have written proof of vaccinations, do them all when they arrive at your place.
    3. De-worm all new arrivals at your place.
    4. Vaccinate animals for IBR, BVD, BRSV, PI3, Blackleg.
    5. Any animals bought at a Sale Barn should definitely be quarantined, and de-wormed (Plus, see #2 above).
    6. If humanly possible inspect the source of the cattle before buying (or know about the seller's care program).
    7. Sale Barn and/or "short-weaned" calves are very prone to bring home "bugs" and have a tendency to get sick.
    8. Bottle calves...I don't even want to get into all the potential problems with these...

Outrigger2":1a7miqke said:
what other vaccines do you use?
I haven't vacinated yet, i just wanted to make sure whatever I decided to use was something actually worth using.

Latest posts