vaccine ?

Help Support CattleToday:

TripleB

Reaction score
I got a Bovine Rhinotracheitis virus diarrheas parainfluenza respiratory syncytial virus vaccine and it says to inject it subQ "In front of the shoulder and midway of the neck, away from the suprascapular lymph node" Where is that?

yeah, I know what a subQ is. Just wondering the general location to stick the needle. Obviously, I can't see the lymph nodes so where do I shoot?

Subcutaneous means under the skin. It implies just under the skin.

With a subcutaneous injection, a needle is inserted just under the skin. A drug (for example, insulin) can then be delivered into the subcutaneous tissues. After the injection, the drug moves into small blood vessels and the bloodstream. The subcutaneous route is used with many protein and polypeptide drugs such as insulin which, if given by mouth, would be broken down and digested in the intestinal tract.

I dont know where the Lymph Node is? Suprascapular? Sounds as though it will be around base of neck.....around the scapula??......I've never seen a vaccine for S.Q. injection give such a descriptive instruction? I would wonder if an I.M. injection would affect the lymph node more than one delivered just under skin?? My advise, the skin is loose just to front of shoulder joint, in upper 1/3 to upper 1/2 of neck....approximately!! Just under the skin is all ya need. A 3/4 inch needle works good.

a good judgement, as I was taught was in front of the scapula, about a hands width, approxs 4" to 5"