Vaccine Protocals for Cattle Entering Feedlot

Help Support CattleToday:

BlackBaldyMan

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Just a little background but I am a herdsman for the little feedlot business 12 other fellow college students and I run (~120 head) and I am trying to figure out my vaccine protocol. This is what I have got, I am asking for any feedback in adding different vaccines, etc etc....

Vision 8 w/spur
Pyrimid 5
Nasalgen
Ivomec Injectable (to cover liver flukes)
Multi Min

Use the Nasalgen for the imediate response and I am giving the Pyrimid at the same time hoping that when the Nasalgen works its way out after a short time the Pyrimid will start working the long term...if the cattle already had a 8way and 5way I am giving them a booster at recieving, so...what do you think? :cboy:

Hard to be specific without knowing the cattle sources and history. Food for thought is:

mass medication?
implanting?
booster at 7 to 14 days?

I have the medication and implants figured out, using Ralgro/Revlar and all the Biomiacins, etc, and yeah have to boost the 8way/5way if they had no initial vaccines, thanks though, just wondering if I was forgeting anything

For your particular area the best source of information on what vaccinations, etc., are recommended is your feedlot vet

dun