Vaccine booster shots?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I know some people in my area that vaccinate but do not give a booster after the intial injection. My uncle never gave the second blackleg shot saying it worked without it, he just gave calves a blackleg shot when they were pretty young and that was it. I have a neighbor that just gives one shot of Triangle 9 and never a booster. What is the general practice that most of you use? :?:

With some vaccines the first year you have to booster, but if you use the same one for consecetive years you only need to give one shot.

tom4018":1s5pbht4 said:
What is the general practice that most of you use? :?:
Our general practice is to follow the label instructions for the product we use.

Pharmaceutical companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to figure out the best way to get the most immunity from a vaccine. Then they share that information with everybody. Right on the label. Choose the product you like, then follow the instructions!

Texan":1w72pyfb said:
tom4018":1w72pyfb said:
What is the general practice that most of you use? :?:
Our general practice is to follow the label instructions for the product we use.

Pharmaceutical companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to figure out the best way to get the most immunity from a vaccine. Then they share that information with everybody. Right on the label. Choose the product you like, then follow the instructions!

Well said.
I realize the conspiricy theory folks think that boosters are just so the companys can sell more vaccine and make more money, but if it hadn't been found over the years that boosters are effective they wouldn't be able to get away with recommending them.

dun

Latest posts