!!!!!!!!Vaccination of the holstein dry cow.!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We have been having a lot of our newborn calves die from calf scours. What is the best vaccine for this ,as well as mastitis and respitory. Please respond

[email protected]

> We have been having a lot of our
> newborn calves die from calf
> scours. What is the best vaccine
> for this ,as well as mastitis and
> respitory. Please respond My best advice for you is to contact a GOOD cattle vet and work out a vaccination schedule to get everything on! We vaccinate our calves 10 times before weaning off milk at 2-2 1/2 months. Our vet came up with a sched for us. Remember that different parts of the world have different problmes and different needs for vaccines. Do you have a dairy? Are your calves on milk replacer? Do they get GOOD colostrum within the first 4-6 hours of birth? Do you treat them with anything when they are scouring? Do you switch their feeds slowly? What age are they dying? Do you think it might be Ecolli? I know alot of questions but to help you out its really the only way I can. Please email me back and I will try to help. I am a calfcaretaker at a dairy and am a 4H veal and dairy leader. I have also raised hundreds of replacement calves at home. Good Luck!!!

[email protected]