Vacations

Help Support CattleToday:

What month are you planning to go? In October the Georgia National Fair is on in Perry, not far from Atlanta. It is a great event. Georgia is a beautiful state.

Alice":2nhbs72d said:
TexasBred":2nhbs72d said:
We're leaving for Rome and several other Italian cities in a few weeks. My dream trip. When you see me at the Vatican you'll probalby wonder "Who's the guy in the white dress up there on the balcony with Tex"???? :banana:

Wished I'd known...Van and I would have gone with ya'!

We're saving Van's frequent flier miles for a trip to Italy...his idea, but I'm not about to argue.

Alice

Alice we're really looking forward to it. Doubt I'll make it to the balcony with the Pope but sure looking forward to seeing all the history and try the groceries. Bet you enjoy it as well. :)

Just drop in at Uncle Crowder's Rest & Relaxation Spa. He has various outdoor fitness programs which he can tailor to suit your family's specific needs. Some activities include:
1) The every popular open - air, organic mud pack skin treatment.
2) The dried and baled grass relocation and stacking matrix development exercise.
Either of these family bonding exercises would be beneficial.

One note: Please avoid the native foods - they tend to be extremely high in calories so portion control is advisable.

One of the most beautiful and enjoyable places we've been to in recent years was Savannah, Georgia. Worlds of history there and acres of flowers and stuff. Even have a beach a few miles down the river on the coast. Very easy to navigate as well. Would recommend it to anybody and everybody.

CKC1586":1gd34h20 said:
What month are you planning to go? In October the Georgia National Fair is on in Perry, not far from Atlanta. It is a great event. Georgia is a beautiful state.

Interesting. But October is out; we've got several things happening that month. And we can't go until after the middle of June because of breeding the cows. We're starting to narrow it down some. :)

Frankie":2xu3w1qr said:
CKC1586":2xu3w1qr said:

Interesting. But October is out; we've got several things happening that month. And we can't go until after the middle of June because of breeding the cows. We're starting to narrow it down some. :)
Well if you ever get a chance to attend you will enjoy it. Really nice facility. We have gone for several years and have always had a good time.

Frankie":3df3lgbe said:
So this year, we're thinking of flying to the lovely state of Georgia. Delta has added a direct flight to Atlanta from an airport near here. We could be there in about two air hours, rent a car, and go from there. But we're still in the planning stages.

Check PM. I'm a little familar with the area and may can be of help on your stops.

I want to ride Route 66 end to end on the scooter. Anyone want to come?

Frankie, I would invite ya down to my B&B but ever since those folks from Tenn came down dressed like drag queens I have been struggling to get some bidness back.

Our most recent additions are mud wrestling, puddin wrestling, coleslaw wrestling, cow pie flinging, horse biscuit toss, pig sticking, and a diller hunt. I am trying to get my B&B's reputation back. I have rooms available in either the Stock Trailer motel or the Horse Trailer hotel. For an additional consideration, I can put you up in the Barn Inn. :cboy:

flaboy":37cwt3x1 said:

Frankie, I would invite ya down to my B&B but ever since those folks from Tenn came down dressed like drag queens I have been struggling to get some bidness back.

Our most recent additions are mud wrestling, puddin wrestling, coleslaw wrestling, cow pie flinging, horse biscuit toss, pig sticking, and a diller hunt. I am trying to get my B&B's reputation back. I have rooms available in either the Stock Trailer motel or the Horse Trailer hotel. For an additional consideration, I can put you up in the Barn Inn. :cboy:

:lol: Your generosity is overwhelming. If we decide on Florida, I'll be sure to make my reservation well in advance.

flaboy":2so740q6 said:

Crowder hasn't responded so I'll ask the question for him...."Got any of them big wimmen around that B&B.....that puddin wrestliing sounds like dinner with entertainment". :lol2: :lol2:

My B&B always has plenty of entertainment. The "Scours" rasslin' has always been a big hit.Nothin like tag team'n big ol gals rolling in that stuff while all them paying customers are eating Fondue and Cabbage Casserole!. It does a body good!

Crowderfarms":1cyeqv55 said:
My B&B always has plenty of entertainment. The "Scours" rasslin' has always been a big hit.Nothin like tag team'n big ol gals rolling in that stuff while all them paying customers are eating Fondue and Cabbage Casserole!. It does a body good!

Yeah, and I'll bet your dogs of the canine variety are waiting on the sidelines for leftovers.
Wish there was a pukin' emoticon. Yeah, I know there is, but I'm not gonna go hunt it up...memories are all that I need...

Alice

TexasBred":2efuwvb3 said:
flaboy":2efuwvb3 said:
Crowder hasn't responded so I'll ask the question for him...."Got any of them big wimmen around that B&B.....that puddin wrestliing sounds like dinner with entertainment". :lol2: :lol2:

Naw, when them folks from Tenn left they called the freight lines and had them picked up. Good thing too they were eating the puddin and coleslaw as fast as we could make it.

For those with reservations to the Stock Trailer Motel, I did pressure wash it after those heifers left but there is still stains on mirrors on the roof. :shock:

Vacation, what is that? Haven't had one in 10 years. We have a 4 and 2 yr. old and another to be born May 1. Wouldn't trade my life for every vacation in the world.

If you fly into Atlanta, you might want to stay the night at the Embassy Suites Hotel. They now have a Ruth's Criss steakhouse in the hotel and it is not far from the Georgia Aquarium and the Coca Cola Museum. Both are within a stone's throw of each other. Anyone would enjoy the aquarium and its AC'd. Once you finish a few hours there, the coke museum will let you try out every type of coke product they make world wide. No limit. :nod: (good way to get a sugar fix) After you've done these two things just spin the compass and go. If you head south, you might want to consider reserving a condo at the Veteran's State Park in Cordele. They have swimming, fishing and its not far from Tifton where there is the Georgia Agrirama where they have displays of the old timey farming. Candy making, turpentine distilling, grits grinding. An hour from here is Wild Adventures park for the kids. They got all kinds of rides and a bunch of wild animals you can look at.

Spend a week in Massachusetts where liberals are in abundance.

You'll fit right in. :lol:

What about Savannah? A lady that was a volunteer at the church where I was the secretary came from Georgia and she said that Savannah was a wonderful city to visit and explore. She gave me the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil , to read and ever since I read that I've wanted to go to Savannah. Frankie, if you haven't read that book, you ought to. It's a good'n.

Alice

Jogeephus":21ty6ug7 said:
If you fly into Atlanta, you might want to stay the night at the Embassy Suites Hotel. They now have a Ruth's Criss steakhouse in the hotel and it is not far from the Georgia Aquarium and the Coca Cola Museum. Both are within a stone's throw of each other. Anyone would enjoy the aquarium and its AC'd. Once you finish a few hours there, the coke museum will let you try out every type of coke product they make world wide. No limit. :nod: (good way to get a sugar fix) After you've done these two things just spin the compass and go. If you head south, you might want to consider reserving a condo at the Veteran's State Park in Cordele. They have swimming, fishing and its not far from Tifton where there is the Georgia Agrirama where they have displays of the old timey farming. Candy making, turpentine distilling, grits grinding. An hour from here is Wild Adventures park for the kids. They got all kinds of rides and a bunch of wild animals you can look at.

I'd like to spend the night at the Embassy Suites, but doubt that it's in the budget. :) Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've ordered a guide book from AAA (not Angus, the other one) and a tourist guide book from the state of GA. Does Atlanta have a light rail system?

Alice":1qquhlya said:
What about Savannah? A lady that was a volunteer at the church where I was the secretary came from Georgia and she said that Savannah was a wonderful city to visit and explore. She gave me the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil , to read and ever since I read that I've wanted to go to Savannah. Frankie, if you haven't read that book, you ought to. It's a good'n.

Alice

Savannah is very appealing, with the water, mansions, ironwork, etc. We're leaning more toward north, though. If we do this, we'll get a car and drive up to Dalton and spend a few days at the Civil War sites, then come on back to Atlanta and do some sightseeing. A week is about as long as we want to be away from home. I saw the Midnight in the Garden... movie, Alice, but haven't read the book. Next time I get to the library, I'll look for it. Thanks.