Vacant Malls

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":1zq4mdnq said:
What do you think about turning vacant malls into homeless shelters if the unemployment rate hits 30%?

It seems as though we have an abundance of abandoned shopping centers/malls so I say go for it.

That's a waste of tax payers dollars. Put them in the empty military housing and make them grow their own food and make their own clothes. I'm tired of all this free stuff.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":33d4ffea said:
HerefordSire":33d4ffea said:
What do you think about turning vacant malls into homeless shelters if the unemployment rate hits 30%?

It seems as though we have an abundance of abandoned shopping centers/malls so I say go for it.

Remove most of the aphalt and let the residents grow vegetables?

RD-Sam":3hpkjvb0 said:
That's a waste of tax payers dollars. Put them in the empty military housing and make them grow their own food and make their own clothes. I'm tired of all this free stuff.

You and I may be in there. You think we should have to work in return for food and living there when citizens don't now? New law?

HerefordSire":ccx3jcs9 said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":ccx3jcs9 said:
HerefordSire":ccx3jcs9 said:

Remove most of the aphalt and let the residents grow vegetables?

Asphalt removal is to expensive. Make it like a hippy commune out in the middle of no where and make them raise their own crops to eat and their own marijuanna to smoke, and their own whiskey.

HerefordSire":27pk46p8 said:
RD-Sam":27pk46p8 said:

You and I may be in there. You think we should have to work in return for food and living there when citizens don't now? New law?

I have my own property to grow my own food on. I was debt free till about a year ago, and should be debt free again in a few years. If you have a mountain of debt I feel sorry for you.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":2i1yiozh said:
Asphalt removal is to expensive. Make it like a hippy commune out in the middle of no where and make them raise their own crops to eat and their own marijuanna to smoke, and their own whiskey.

There may be allot of communes popping out of nowhere. Another wave of unemployment coming soon?

RD-Sam":1s9lqg3d said:
HerefordSire":1s9lqg3d said:
RD-Sam":1s9lqg3d said:

I have my own property to grow my own food on. I was debt free till about a year ago, and should be debt free again in a few years. If you have a mountain of debt I feel sorry for you.

I am thinking the wholly self-employed commercial cattleman could be a portion of the next fatality. See futures prices lately?

alacattleman":37qt9lpk said:
yall make it sound like their criminals,, thank ""GOD"" i still have a home and a job..

We are all in this together. We have to go somewhere if this wave hits like I suspect.

HerefordSire":3ugh9eh6 said:
alacattleman":3ugh9eh6 said:
yall make it sound like their criminals,, thank ""GOD"" i still have a home and a job..

We are all in this together. We have to go somewhere if this wave hits like I suspect.

I do believe you suspect correctly. The wave is offshore, just waiting to come hit land. It's coming...

alacattleman":3aenpte5 said:
you fellers are depressing

Sorry to be so depressing, but what's happening out there in the real world is depressing. It's bad out there and getting worse.

We'll have people saving breadsacks again if things don't turn around pretty soon.

By the way, after the wifes grandparents died, we were left with the job of cleanup. If we found 1, we found 1000 empty glass jars (mayo type) up in the attic. Founds hundreds of bread sacks with ties too.

Folks that went through the great depression never forgot it.........

grannysoo":1c3hb6sc said:
HerefordSire":1c3hb6sc said:
alacattleman":1c3hb6sc said:

I do believe you suspect correctly. The wave is offshore, just waiting to come hit land. It's coming...

No need to get blindsided. I would rather be wrong and prepared, than not be prepared.

grannysoo":11t9qbsk said:
alacattleman":11t9qbsk said:
you fellers are depressing

Sorry to be so depressing, but what's happening out there in the real world is depressing. It's bad out there and getting worse.

We'll have people saving breadsacks again if things don't turn around pretty soon.

Soon as we are close to hit bottom is the coming years, we can be ultra positive, and many will say..."you fellars are estatic".
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

grannysoo":17nuqv9z said:
By the way, after the wifes grandparents died, we were left with the job of cleanup. If we found 1, we found 1000 empty glass jars (mayo type) up in the attic. Founds hundreds of bread sacks with ties too.

Folks that went through the great depression never forgot it.........

Good story! Keep plenty of potatoes in stock.

Latest posts