Va Farm Show Expoland, Fishersville Va.

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjan

Reaction score
Anyone going? Wednesday through Friday, Jan 17, 18 ,19, 2018.
Would like to meet up with anyone going. Workinonit Farm asked me, and we are pretty flexible as to the day at this point.

Sure hope to ***** it isn't this cold or I think we will all be popsicles by then.

farmerjan":c0g9yi1j said:
Anyone going? Wednesday through Friday, Jan 17, 18 ,19, 2018.
Would like to meet up with anyone going. Workinonit Farm asked me, and we are pretty flexible as to the day at this point.

Sure hope to ***** it isn't this cold or I think we will all be popsicles by then.

I would like to go but not sure what my schedule and weather will hold. I wish they would do more stuff on weekends where you can involve more kids and such.

I will be there Thursday afternoon working the Rockingham Insurance booth, stop by and see me.

Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:31 pm

VAAngus wrote:
I will be there Thursday afternoon working the Rockingham Insurance booth, stop by and see me.

How have you been?

Doing ok. Are you out pushing snow today?

VAAngus":3sl77txv said:
Post by skyhightree1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:31 pm

VAAngus wrote:

How have you been?

Doing ok. Are you out pushing snow today?

Done now and at home...Did yall get any snow ? Lauren and I are planning to make some trips up there to springlake again soon.

Done now and at home...Did yall get any snow ? Lauren and I are planning to make some trips up there to springlake again soon.

We didn't get anything but a cold wind out of that storm.

We are bone dry here, county just put up water restrictions yesterday.

Yeah, Sky, it seems to me that they used to have it on Thurs/Fri/Sat years ago. Well we have a vote for THURSDAY since VA Angus is working the Rockingham booth.....

Anyone else? I will work my testing schedule around it since I couldn't manage it last year. Have had only 3 farms test in the last 2 weeks due to holidays, then this %$@# cold. Frozen stuff everywhere.. but I am going to take the time to have a PLANNED day off to go...

Would enjoy it but already made plans for the National Farm Machinery Show next month in Louisville, KY. It's actually 1 1/2 hours closer for me than Fisherville.

kenny thomas":31ygtxza said:
Would enjoy it but already made plans for the National Farm Machinery Show next month in Louisville, KY. It's actually 1 1/2 hours closer for me than Fisherville.

I wouldn't drive an hour to go to the one in Fishersville, it gets smaller every year. The only reason I go is that my job is 5 miles from there, and each year I tell myself that's the last time I'll make that long haul...

There for two or three years they had it on Thurs/Fri/Sat, and the attendance was better than ever from what I saw. I'd suggest planning to go one of the first two days, after lunch on the last day folks start packing up and heading out.

What do you think of the one in Louisville, Kenny?

I am not Kenny...

but the show in Louisville is worth the trip....

I have not been in years...used to have to go to support some dealers who displayed there.

I have never seen the whole thing as I had to man displays....but I think it would take a couple of days to see it all.

Pa Farm show in the fall is very entertaining and educational...it is a true farm show with livestock as well as equipment.

Raleigh Farm show is worth a trip from here as well....it is a decent day trip.

Fishersville is only two hours from here and the only reason I would go is to meet some of the folks on this board. yall settle on a day and I will see if I can fit it in...

You can't see the farm show in Louisville in 2 days. And there is a tremendous amount of cattle related equipment. Way more than at the NCBA convention.

cfpinz":2njlrywy said:
kenny thomas":2njlrywy said:

I wouldn't drive an hour to go to the one in Fishersville, it gets smaller every year. The only reason I go is that my job is 5 miles from there, and each year I tell myself that's the last time I'll make that long haul...

There for two or three years they had it on Thurs/Fri/Sat, and the attendance was better than ever from what I saw. I'd suggest planning to go one of the first two days, after lunch on the last day folks start packing up and heading out.

What do you think of the one in Louisville, Kenny?
It is the largest indoor machinery show in the US. I think 350,000 people in 4 days. If you can imagine it, it's there. Come meet us. Several from CT meet there every year,

pdfangus":2i6cpnar said:
Fishersville is only two hours from here and the only reason I would go is to meet some of the folks on this board. yall settle on a day and I will see if I can fit it in...

I'm thinking that Thursday will probably be the day, as VAAngus will be there that day, Sky might be able to go, I can do that day and Jan could probably make that day, sounds like maybe cgpinz might be able to be there. I would love to meet some of the folks from CT. Its about an hour drive from where I am.

Ok, I think that Thursday is the best day for us all. I am planning on Thursday and should be able to get there in the neighborhood of 1 p.m.. So I want to find the Rockingham Ins. booth, to meet up with VA Angus. Maybe we can all use that as the "meeting place" ? Supposed to get some "weather" here on Tues night into Wed., maybe some snow or sleet or something so hopefully it will be done and over by Thurs. Hope to Meet some of you CT members there.

Latest posts