V Rake Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

Prefered brand/model of carted wheel rake

• Kuhn SR 100 GII Series

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • New Holland Procart Series (Rebadged Sitrex)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vermeer VR Series

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Tennessee Cattleman

Reaction score
I would like to poll fellow CT forum members on small 8-12 wheel carted wheel rakes with kicker wheel/wheels, used in grass hay. All rakes are close in price and come from good dealers. Comments are welcome.

Atimm693

Reaction score
Another Vermeer owner. It works pretty well but has some things that could be improved.

I really wish the wings could pivot independently, or that each was was suspended individually. Sometimes when you are rolling over a dip it will let a little slip by along the front or back, and it's very sensitive to drawbar height.

Occasionally I will have issues with it plugging, but it's a once in a while thing.

CalumetFarms

Reaction score
I run a JD 704, mostly because everything I own is green. Works awesome.
My rake folds like a scissor, I prefer it over the other style wheel rakes where the wheels go up and over. Transport width is about 8ft.
Kicker is hit and miss, it's mounted behind the V so it has to roll the entire windrow. Which is good in light crop so it tightens it up, without it I've had spots with two little rows with a gap between, hard to shape a bale that way. But in heavy crop the kicker wheel turns into a plow, I usually take it off.

Latest posts