Utah Police Officer

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":2wp87rr9 said:
sounds like heads might roll at hospital security too (last paragraph)

I'm not sure there was much they could do, honestly. The hospital I worked at before had city police working the ER in the evening and hired security (read men with walkie talkies) 24 hours a day. Where I currently work we have 0 security at all. It's me and a few other men (out of about 60 people) if something hits the fan, and I've told the ladies that unless my life is in direct danger they are on their own b/c I want to go home to my family. As a healthcare worker, this scenario of a cop arresting someone doing their job and protecting the patient is an unnerving event.

I often try to figure out what is going through people's minds and why they do what they do.

What positive outcome did this officer think would result from his actions?

I wonder if he is a butt the rest of the time or just had a bad day?

I wonder if in his mind he still justifies his actions, or if he realizes he fell in a large pile?

herofan":11ga7o3c said:
I often try to figure out what is going through people's minds and why they do what they do.

I wonder if in his mind he still justifies his actions, or if he realizes he fell in a large pile?

I wonder the same thing. You don't get paid enough to do stuff like that for your job.

Brute 23":rzafw4c9 said:
herofan":rzafw4c9 said:

I wonder the same thing. You don't get paid enough to do stuff like that for your job.

He may have been feeling pressure from his supervisor. After he was denied permission to take Mr. Gray's blood samples, he says according to news media that he called his supervisor. In that call, the news media reported that his supervisor told him to arrest Alex Wubbels who was the nurse denying him permission. When he got into that confrontation we see in the video, it is possible that he was feeling pressure placed on him by his supervisor. Clearly, he was frustrated. As a result, he lost control. As someone said, at least he didn't pull his sidearm - I assume he was armed, maybe not since he was there to take blood - and start shooting the hospital staff.

BTW: still does not justify his totally unprofessional handling of Alex Wubbels.

Bright Raven":30uaz8ig said:
ga.prime":30uaz8ig said:
Bright Raven":30uaz8ig said:
I am not going to comment.
If there's any Wubbels in Georgia I never met em and I've been here 60 years.

She is a former Olympic Alpine Skier. 1996 or somewhere in that period.

Well then. It makes perfect sense. I wouldn't expect a Alpine skier to be from Georgia.

Brute 23":1v4h02a8 said:
herofan":1v4h02a8 said:

I think he's a natural bully, but the first time he was caught on a cell phone camera to document it.
I've known a couple of guys that seem normal until something doesn't go their way and then it really comes out.

Son of Butch":21hukgmz said:
Brute 23":21hukgmz said:
herofan":21hukgmz said:

I think he's a natural bully, but the first time he was caught on a cell phone camera to document it.
I've known a couple of guys that seem normal until something doesn't go their way and then it really comes out.

You think he is a bully. Some on here think he is under contract with Attila the Hun to ride rough shod over nurses.

We all like to speculate on what kind of guy Officer Payne is. We all like to speculate on what caused this incident but at the end of the day all that speculation ain't worth doodly squat. Every police department the size of Salt Lake has a personnel department. Whether we like it or not, they will base their decision on his past performance, public relation concerns, etc. They may even base it on justifiable facts rather than emotion and speculation. If he is as evil as almost everyone on here believes, his punishment should be dismissal. I don't agree with my brother Sky that he should be scalped.

I think he needs to retire. IMO, no one was injured. There are hundreds of cases, no thousands, worse than this. How many have been posted on CT? In many of these cases the Police are doing physical harm even killing citizens for reaching for their driver's license.

IMO, his biggest mistake was the manner in which he made the arrest. He should have made the arrest with as little emotion as he would pet his dog. He needs to retire. He has lost his ability to function in that type of job. My guess is that he will retire.

PS: forgive my brother Sky. Indians hate white policeman.

He should be fired and not be eligible for his retirement benefits. The difference between a nurse at work and someone on the street or in a car isn't even comparable. This cop has caused his fellow cops irreparable harm throughout the country.

Bright Raven":zl0pfgqr said:
Son of Butch":zl0pfgqr said:
Brute 23":zl0pfgqr said:

You think he is a bully. Some on here think he is under contract with Attila the Hun to ride rough shod over nurses.

We all like to speculate on what kind of guy Officer Payne is. We all like to speculate on what caused this incident but at the end of the day all that speculation ain't worth doodly squat. Every police department the size of Salt Lake has a personnel department. Whether we like it or not, they will base their decision on his past performance, public relation concerns, etc. They may even base it on justifiable facts rather than emotion and speculation. If he is as evil as almost everyone on here believes, his punishment should be dismissal. I don't agree with my brother Sky that he should be scalped.

I think he needs to retire. IMO, no one was injured. There are hundreds of cases, no thousands, worse than this. How many have been posted on CT? In many of these cases the Police are doing physical harm even killing citizens for reaching for their driver's license.

IMO, his biggest mistake was the manner in which he made the arrest. He should have made the arrest with as little emotion as he would pet his dog. He needs to retire. He has lost his ability to function in that type of job. My guess is that he will retire.

PS: forgive my brother Sky. Indians hate white policeman.

Put the fire water down brother

Latest posts