Utah Police Officer

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":3g7w8zkj said:
Bright Raven":3g7w8zkj said:
Son of Butch":3g7w8zkj said:
I think he's a natural bully, but the first time he was caught on a cell phone camera to document it.
I've known a couple of guys that seem normal until something doesn't go their way and then it really comes out.

You think he is a bully. Some on here think he is under contract with Attila the Hun to ride rough shod over nurses.

We all like to speculate on what kind of guy Officer Payne is. We all like to speculate on what caused this incident but at the end of the day all that speculation ain't worth doodly squat. Every police department the size of Salt Lake has a personnel department. Whether we like it or not, they will base their decision on his past performance, public relation concerns, etc. They may even base it on justifiable facts rather than emotion and speculation. If he is as evil as almost everyone on here believes, his punishment should be dismissal. I don't agree with my brother Sky that he should be scalped.

I think he needs to retire. IMO, no one was injured. There are hundreds of cases, no thousands, worse than this. How many have been posted on CT? In many of these cases the Police are doing physical harm even killing citizens for reaching for their driver's license.

IMO, his biggest mistake was the manner in which he made the arrest. He should have made the arrest with as little emotion as he would pet his dog. He needs to retire. He has lost his ability to function in that type of job. My guess is that he will retire.

PS: forgive my brother Sky. Indians hate white policeman.

Put the fire water down brother

I need some fire water, Oh, Great Little Brother. I got cows springing here, there, and everywhere.

True Grit Farms":2bvtpfe9 said:
He should be fired and not be eligible for his retirement benefits. The difference between a nurse at work and someone on the street or in a car isn't even comparable. This cop has caused his fellow cops irreparable harm throughout the country.

I agree, although not sure not sure about not being eligible for retirement benefits. I do think I may understand your reasoning for that. He may or may not have had a stellar career otherwise until that instance, but if I were guessing there very well could be more that was never brought to light. That fiasco has definitely caused harm to the reputation of law enforcement officers. Before there were already some in society that did not trust police, and now this could and likely will influence others who dismissed some of that to reconsider their views. Which is sad in the fact that it makes it harder for police to do their work.

There are a lot of reports on this incident. The reports leave the impression that this conflict between the Salt Lake City police department and the University Hospital has been going on for a while. This may not be the first engagement between Officer Payne and Alex Wubbels.

Did anyone else wonder why he put her in the front seat of the Police Car? It is not standard procedure. I thought that was odd. Slick, you know Police procedures. Any ideas?

If there's no cage (barrier between back seat and front) you place the prisoner in the front passenger to have more control. If a back seat prisoner slipped the cuffs in front of them they could choke the driver out.

Jogeephus":1i9uprrr said:
Detective Payne has been fired.

It was the right thing to do but I continue to have some sympathy for Detective Payne. I think it is difficult for a man to tolerate a woman who does not do what is expected of her. Afterall, she had him wait for 90 minutes while she painted her nails and powdered her nose only to tell him he could not draw a blood sample that his supervisor expected him to come back to the station with. I think this is a good case of the women's liberation movement. :D :yuck: ;-)

Bright Raven":1jn1c2et said:
Jogeephus":1jn1c2et said:

It was the right thing to do but I continue to have some sympathy for Detective Payne. I think it is difficult for a man to tolerate a woman who does not do what is expected of her. Afterall, she had him wait for 90 minutes while she painted her nails and powdered her nose only to tell him he could not draw a blood sample that his supervisor expected him to come back to the station with. I think this is a good case of the women's liberation movement. :D :yuck: ;-)

90 minutes?! Doesn't that in itself show she saw the urgency of the situation?

So you don't think counselling and a haircut would have done anything to improve this guy?

Jogeephus":3e27ds6i said:
Bright Raven":3e27ds6i said:
Jogeephus":3e27ds6i said:

90 minutes?! Doesn't that in itself show she saw the urgency of the situation?

So you don't think counselling and a haircut would have done anything to improve this guy?

I didn't see any hair to cut, maybe take a little off those fender skirts. I think he is rebelling from a past marriage to a domineering wife. I wish you would show just a little sympathy. Alex Wubbels seems like a left wing radical to me. I bet she would be heII to live with. :eek:

Police depts, their jurisdictions/cities prefer to settle than go to court. It saves the city/taxpayer $$ and keeps most of the details of both the offense and subsequent investigation from being made public at trial, and it allows the city/county to include in the settlement, wording that the city admits no wrongdoing.

Latest posts