USS John Mc Cain

Help Support CattleToday:

Probably caused by the ship's name.
Was waiting to see which way the wind was blowing and couldn't decide if it wanted to steer left (port) or right (stbd) .
:hide:

Always fascinated me when I was in the "CROTCH" how those squids could march and call cadence to port starboard port starboard port starboard oh well each to his own ... if you are not a jarhead you do not know what I am referring too have a beautiful day lol, but thank you John McCain

I was just thinking this morning as I drank coffee and listened to the so called news......

If the navy cannot avoid colliding with freighters and oilers in peace time how they hell are they going to avoid warships looking to sink em.

and the navy ships seem to be the ones with all the damage and casualties....

something just don't seem right here....

greybeard":24ghcba4 said:
Probably caused by the ship's name.
Was waiting to see which way the wind was blowing and couldn't decide if it wanted to steer left (port) or right (stbd) .
:hide:

Ain't that the truth

TexasBred":2inzdo79 said:
Caustic Burno":2inzdo79 said:
Another warship collision this is forth incident this year in the area.
Smells rotten IMO
Been a lot of military planes "crash" lately as well.

I hadn't heard that. Details?

...then again, I haven't heard many things (been keeping my head down paying attention to the details of my own little world).

I was gone all weekend and haven't really read much about the McCain collision.
It does look like it happened on the port side aft near the helo deck, outboard of the Harpoon launch tubes.
ap_17233372286775-7a38094ef6fa54971d8685d30866162416222524-s700-c85.jpg

Yes, there have been an unusual # of aircraft losses, specifically during night training and DoD issued a safety stand down for all Army and Marine aviation units a couple of weeks ago to re-evaluate training schedules and protocols.

The Army has had 22 Class A flight accidents since October, which involve either the loss of an aircraft or the death of a crew member, according to safety statistics published by the service. That number has surpassed the previous year's total of 20.

A soldier was killed in April when a Black Hawk from Fort Belvoir, Va., crashed on a Maryland country club golf course.

On Aug. 5, a Marine Corps MV-22 Osprey with 26 aboard crashed off the coast of Australia during a training mission, killing three Marines, and a Marine KC-130 tanker aircraft crashed into a Mississippi field in July, killing 15 Marines and a Navy corpsman. The Marine Corps has since directed all of its aviation units to conduct a 24-hour safety standdown to go over procedures.

A.J.":2ma7uuvd said:
Prayers for those injured and the missing sailors and their families. Here's some thoughts from a retired Lt. Col. on what he thinks could be a potential root cause of many of the accidents.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/21/u ... -right-now

Thoughts, about USN man of war operations on the high seas from a retired S Army Col. That warrants about the same consideration the thoughts of an infantry officer would in relation to aviation ops or those of someone who never ventured farther out to sea than the coastal waters or the nearest freshwater lake.

greybeard":26tc9avo said:
A.J.":26tc9avo said:
Prayers for those injured and the missing sailors and their families. Here's some thoughts from a retired Lt. Col. on what he thinks could be a potential root cause of many of the accidents.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/21/u ... -right-now

Thoughts, about USN man of war operations on the high seas from a retired S Army Col. That warrants about the same consideration the thoughts of an infantry officer would in relation to aviation ops or those of someone who never ventured farther out to sea than the coastal waters or the nearest freshwater lake.
May well be, but he hit it on the head as far as training is concerned. Also the social experiment bit.

WalnutCrest":2c8wudvd said:
TexasBred":2c8wudvd said:
Caustic Burno":2c8wudvd said:
Another warship collision this is forth incident this year in the area.
Smells rotten IMO
Been a lot of military planes "crash" lately as well.

I hadn't heard that. Details?

...then again, I haven't heard many things (been keeping my head down paying attention to the details of my own little world).
Couple of helicopters went down as well as one fighter jet and a cargo plane.

The one that was hit by the oil tanker a while back was absurd. It appeared the tanker turned around to hit it. Also how do you not see a tanker. There are things the public is not being told. Maybe an enemy government has hacked the GPS system, maybe they have influenced the other ships, maybe they weren't ships at all, and we just can't afford to go to war with the culprit or dont know who did it and the Navy doesn't want to admit it. Not sure but something is not right with all of it.

BK9954":1g8f2xmw said:
The one that was hit by the oil tanker a while back was absurd. It appeared the tanker turned around to hit it. Also how do you not see a tanker. There are things the public is not being told. Maybe an enemy government has hacked the GPS system, maybe they have influenced the other ships, maybe they weren't ships at all, and we just can't afford to go to war with the culprit or dont know who did it and the Navy doesn't want to admit it. Not sure but something is not right with all of it.
The last I read about that one was that the tanker didn;t change course, the idiot on the tin can didn;t follow the rules. The tanker had the right of way.

dun":2o0njdjl said:
BK9954":2o0njdjl said:
The last I read about that one was that the tanker didn;t change course, the idiot on the tin can didn;t follow the rules. The tanker had the right of way.

Rule number one is to avoid a collision at all cost.