Using a Feed Station as Salt/Mineral Feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have moved some cattle to another pasture and need to make Salt/Mineral available to them. I don't want to buy new expensive feeders and I simply don't have the time to build a couple right now. Are there any downsides to simply buying a couple of Feed Stations and using those instead?
Something like this:

81-Q2or6kq-SL-SL1500.jpg
]

sstterry said:
I have moved some cattle to another pasture and need to make Salt/Mineral available to them. I don't want to buy new expensive feeders and I simply don't have the time to build a couple right now. Are there any downsides to simply buying a couple of Feed Stations and using those instead?
Something like this:

81-Q2or6kq-SL-SL1500.jpg
]

Mine would have that torn up in no time.

Red bull - I can't find anything either. Dun actually got the pattern from me. I "stole" the pattern from Hudson Pines Farm. Just take a 50 gallon drum, cut maybe an 18" by 24" hole at least 8" off the bottom (or more depending on how much mineral you want to put out at one time) (big enough for their heads). Drill a hole in top towards the BACK side of center of the top, so that the bucket hangs with the hole side tipped down a little. By tipping it a little, water won't run down into hole and the wind will blow the bucket pushing the hole away so rain doesn't get in. Use a swivel hook (very important).
Try to make sure to hang it far enough away from trunk of tree, so that an aggressive cow or bull can't "trap" it against the tree.
My cattle would kill that "feed station" in a heart beat.

Latest posts