Uses for old poultry houses

Help Support CattleToday:

Marcel

Reaction score
We use them for hay storage and for working pens. Other suggestions have been growing shiitake mushrooms and drying burley tobacco(haven't tried either). Any good ideas out there that might help turn a buck and give motivation for maintenance. All ideas welcome!!!!!

My parents converted an old one to a house and raised 4 kids in it.

Friend of mine uses his as barns to store hay, equipment and to house his childrens' show cattle. They have lights, of course, that make it convenient to work with show calves as the days get shorter.

dun":3b58dis9 said:
My parents converted an old one to a house and raised 4 kids in it.
\

My brother and his wife lived in one, too. Low ceilings, though.

I can remember my granny's old hen house still smelled like chickens 20 years after she got rid of her's.

In South Alabama there is a couple guys that raise Tilapia fish in lage water tanks. They still use the brooders to keep the temp right. Also if you were at kinda close to a town you could turn it in to some type of Flea Market. I know of a man that did that to an old dairy barn. Also in my area a lot of people have started raising quail. hope this helps

I grow Chokos and Bananas on the downhill side of them so the old rich soil is available to the plantings.

Roof holds the bananas up and makes it easier to harvest them. Rain runs off onto the roots

Latest posts