Uses for deer burger

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
My aunt just gave me a bunch of deer burger from the deer my cousin got this fall. What are some other uses for deer burger other than straight burgers? Is is pretty similar to beef or not? I've never really had much deer burger, just steaks and stuff so I wasn't sure how it was in things.

It's leaner and you can use it any way you can use beef burger.

Use it just like any burger really. We did some "squealers" by grinding up some bacon along with the venison burger, makes wonderful burgers!

We use it alot in spaghetti, chili, enchiladas, stews to name a few. If we do make a hamburger patty with it, we mix it with some beef hamburger meat, since the deer meat is so lean.

Yes DO NOT forget the hamburger mixed in it. Deer meat is lean, so much so unless your making a stew it can be dry. I use it like I would any ground chuck. Greek spicing makes the flavour mellow if you don't like the gamey taste. I always soak my steaks, neck strapes, roasts in milk to remove the blood and other unwanted flavors from the meat but you can't do that with ground meats and still retain flavour and texture. Beer and wine are another way to help add flavour and cut down on the wild game taste. Bacon is a great way to add fat content to the meat as well as another poster suggested. But I would like to add sausage to the list of helpful hints.

Use it just like regular burger. We use it in alot of different hotdish recipies also chili and spagetti.
It can be dry especally for making hamburgers. We always grind up our deer burger with something like 1/4 or so of pork or beef fat.

Latest posts