Usernames ?

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
mnmtranching got me to thinking about user names and the stories behind them . So, I'll start with mine . About 45 years ago when we weaned pigs we used a feed called "Pig and Shoat" a shoat being just a young weaned pig . Over the years when I would call pigs, shoats , most people didn't know what I was talking about . It became kind of a joke.

In 1998 when my daughter was in 7 th grade we got a computer, the olnly thing I knew was that it looked like that three pronged electric plug went into the wall socket, that was the extent of my computer knowledge . After much confusion and several help line calls we were on the internet with a service called Prodigy Internet, it was horrible . About that time my sister gave me a disk for 30 free days of AOL, they asked for a username and for some silly reason larry plus shoat was all I could think of and I was going to cancel in 30 days anyway . Well AOL worked so much better than what we had that we kept it and larryshoat has been ever since .Sorry for such a long boring story, but I had to get it out .

Larry

Mine is angie cause I had calves dying when I posted, and was in too much of a panic to be creative. Well, that and I'm not creative...... :help:

BTW- LS When I saw your user name I wondered how anyone ever came up with shoat? My dad always called feeder pigs shoats. Now I know. Thanks for the info.

My Dad was nicknamed Skyline for most of his adult life. There's a story behind that. After he died, we bought this place and I named the place Skyline Ranch in his honor.

I knew what a shoat was! :D

My wife and I purchased the family farm after my grandmother died several years back. The place had been in the family for 100+ years and we were the only ones that were willing/able to keep it going. We named the farm after my wife (Granny Soo) at that time. Since the wife does not do much of the activity or purchasing for the farm (and I do), everyone has started calling my Granny Soo too...

The real Granny Soo looks much better than I do.

Lammie is a combination of my first and middle names, Linda Marie.

Well.... its my last name.....

I used to come up with cheesy pickup lines in the 70's using it (Hey baby... Wanna go out with the most eligible bachelor in the galaxy???? :help: )

After hanging up the leisure suit, I tried and failed to get my wife to name my kids Eligible (Eli for short ) if it was a boy, or Anita if it was a girl.

I decided to use it here......

The link was interesting, but for those who joined after that post, I'll post here.

When I was a little kid, I would watch "Smokey and the Bandit I and II" over and over and over and over again. It was the 80's, and Black Trans Ams were every boy's dream. (Weren't they? :help: ) Anyway, I still watch the movies if I get time to watch TV and they are on one of the dish channels. Bandit for that, and 80 for the year I was born.

my bro got a silver 77 trans am because of the 1st smokey an the bandit.cops was always on the look out for trans ams an loud pipes.

2/B is the brand my grandparents registered in the 50's and it was passed down to me. 2/B or not 2/B is something I came up with after the last of everyone had died and left me here to figure out the rest by myself. I wasn't quite sure if I could keep the place together without them but I knew I'd try my best and leave the rest up to fate. (It took a while, but the real estate vultures have finally stopped knocking on my door)

J. T. stands for "Jungle Tiger". I've told the story before why I was known by that name, but I fear there were some unbelievers.

Looks a lot like the one Steve and I spun into a ditch and tore the rear end off of. They are pretty cars, but they wreck just like the other ones do.

J. T.":1a6kpgsz said:
J. T. stands for "Jungle Tiger". I've told the story before why I was known by that name, but I fear there were some unbelievers.

That is the best one yet! :D

rockridgecattle is the name of our ranch. We chose that name because we live in a rocky area and where we calve it's a rock ridge. We were calving when we chose the name. Now if rocks were worth something we would be rich...rocks upon rocks upon rocks.

Latest posts