Usernames ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":36ccpl61 said:
Looks a lot like the one Steve and I spun into a ditch and tore the rear end off of. They are pretty cars, but they wreck just like the other ones do.

It was nice, enjoyed it, bought it in '84 just before the Texas economy went in the toilet and sold it in '97 so I could afford a new truck.

Bandit, I looked for a picture of the car I had before the vett but couldn't find it. Wasn't quite your dream car but it was a gold '79 TransAm. That was a fun car too, the best driving car I have owned. The vett had better giddy-up but the TransAm held the road better.

Van is actually my middle name although it's all I've ever gone by. I used it here for two reasons. One, I have little or no imagination. Two, I like it when people address me by my real name, whether on a forum like this or in person.

It still throws me off sometimes when Alice mentions her husband, whose name is also Van. For awhile there I thought she had a huge crush on me till I figured it out. ;-)

idylglade1":2ewok0dr said:
Idylglade is after my grandfathers farm name, when he was 16 and bought his first registered angus cows.

Idylglade I have always just loved your username, and now a great story with some pretty cool history. Very nice indeed!

My username as I have posted before is after a cow that was walking by the window as I was registering for this site and trying to think of a "cool" username. :lol2:

My real first name means spoon in German. I too have a lacking in imagination. :roll:

5minpins...I have minpins, actually more than 5 now, 7 I think, 2 boxers, 1 borzoi, 1 cur, 2 horses and right now...no cows, got grass, no cows.....

Mine is pretty straight forward--I am barefoot most of the time, and a girl, soooo----- :) Plus my grandfather's nickname for me was "wee barefoot girl" so it sort of stuck with me all these years. I just like the feel of wet grass in the morning, and the warm earth. Even stood outside barefoot in the snow--of course it wasn't one of those 50 below 0 days!!!! :)

Mine is a knickname my favorite grandfather called me. He suckered me into helping him do hay one year by giving me a knife after asking if I was old enough to have one. I vowed I was but only before I understood that this also meant I was big enough to work square bales. He worked my tail off but we had a good time doing it. When askd for a username, the hayfield and knickname came to mind.

I use mine for many things ie prefix etc as it is the district that we live in >>Hillsdown<<.

I think there are many "unique" names used here and I am glad to know the background for them now as it makes them more personal.

I still remember the first time I saw "msscamp's" I thought it was mss camp until Bez made a cheeky comment to her and then the light bulb went off and [uh ha] :idea: ..I had to chuckle as it really suited/suits her :nod: ; she is witty yet can be a devil at times as well. :lol2:

BTW Misty Morning I am stealing your name for a calf that I have to register and couldn't come up with anything, I think it will suit her just fine. :)

hillsdown":320g1idt said:
BTW Misty Morning I am stealing your name for a calf that I have to register and couldn't come up with anything, I think it will suit her just fine. :)

Awww shucks hd that is really quite an honor! :D I have a question though, will I see any royalties from this registered calf? As I am still pursing my first million in the cattle business, this could be another "thinking outside the box" opportunity for me, cause the traditional methods just aren't working yet. :nod: :lol2: