Used S04 Price

Help Support CattleToday:

Looked at the one Priefert 's scratch and dent store had and it was $3495.00. Oughta bring close to that if it's in good shape and taken care of.

I would offer about $2800. When Priefert is displaying at a farm show, they usually give out 10% off coupons. Get one of these and you can get into a new one for 3200 to 3500.

Thanks. Anything a man should look out for on a used chute? Should be obvious if something isn't right? If it functions properly is all i can think of. Going to check one out this morning.

old neighbor just sold a pretty good one for 2k. i told him I wish he would of called me! I wanted it.

Picked it up for $2,500. Little surface rust here and there. No dents. And clean. Guy said it had seen 40 animals at most. We are very happy about the deal.

ClinchValley":3rgqhyt5 said:
Picked it up for $2,500. Little surface rust here and there. No dents. And clean. Guy said it had seen 40 animals at most. We are very happy about the deal.
Good deal. I am totally pleased with mine. Did he give you the head chain? That works great on that chute.

What ever you do don't use oil on the locks..the one I bought,the foreman put motor oil in them and they won't hold.takes a while to get them back working right.....use WD40...

ClinchValley":3c53wxby said:
He did. I was unaware of it. Looks very usefull.

It is. You key one end in a slot on side of the door. Run the chain over the top of the neck. Go through a loop on the other side come back over her nose to a key it in to a slot on the side you started. Puts her head in an absolute immobile position.

I think I got that right. There is a video on it. I only do that to put on ear tags if the cow is constantly throwing her head.

ALACOWMAN":1mke1jnt said:
What ever you do don't use oil on the locks..the one I bought,the foreman put motor oil in them and they won't hold.takes a while to get them back working right.....use WD40...

+1. There are tension locks on each side of head gate and one on top for the squeeze.

They keep taking up slack. I like the technology.

Priefert says to not lubricate them. If ours has been sitting a long time, I squirt WD40 in them to loosen anything in the latch then hose it down inside and out with starting either to get the lubricant out.

I have used a neighbors a time or two. He uses white lithium grease on his, locks, latches, rollers, everything. It seemed that the last time i helped him the catch wasn't staying shut. They were pulling out of it. Had to physically hold the lever while he did his thing. I'm assuming the thick grease is the culprit…

I went over it last night with lube. Everything except for those two roller lock mechanisms. I had seen on their website it says to use WD40 only.

I wash mine immediately after each use. Manure and urine are tough. The one negative is the paint coat. Mine has peeled in places. The best paint coat in the world is Caterpillar. It stays and stays.

Latest posts