used mineral tube uses?

Help Support CattleToday:

rRandel

Reaction score
I have a stack of these around and was wondering what some others are finding them useful for, I have some that I use for pen feeding and water.

dun

Reaction score
My wife uses them for planting her garden veggies in. The local co-op buys them back for $1.75 each

cow pollinater

Reaction score
Cut a hole in them and turn them over and they make good dog houses. My mother uses them in the garden as a light weight bin to put weeds and garden trash in.

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Water troughs in small pens, potting soil holder in greenhouse, i used a bunch to cover my plants when temps dipped close to freezing, and as a seat for when i want to sit to do something outside. We have them sitting everywhere. Oh, and when we want to get more blocks, we take the tubs to reuse.

ga.prime

Reaction score
Pull ear corn from stalks that fell over in the field, put in tub. Put tub under shelter because it's molded and you don't want to feed it. Squirrels tote from tub all over creation.

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Several things. I usually wind up with 4 or 5 of my own and whatever the neighbors give me.

Salt block holder. But I like the shorter ones for that.

Berry container with a rebar trellis coming out of it to tie boysenberries on. 28 of them in a row with berry vines. Drill a few holes about 5 inches up the sides and fill with sand. Then plant your berries. Bend a 12 foot rebar piece in half and stick the U side down in the container. Tie straight rebar to all the tops of the others and tie them together. Paint the rebar white first so that it will stay cool. Makes an excellent trellis and holds a wet bottom for your plants.

Feed trough

Water bin

Bait bin

Scrap metal pieces, welding rod stub ends and other such trash.

Dog dip tub

Fill 6 or 8 with river sand and haul it to the house for fill in.

ice bucket for sodas

Latest posts