Used Milk Storage Vats and Such Things

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp

Reaction score
Got a question for the dairy folks. Is it possible to buy used milk storage vats and other dairy equipment, and would a person want to do this? Met a guy yesterday who has a goat dairy, but the price of the equipment is cost prohibitive right now. I thought I would bring the problem to the folks on here and see what you suggested. Thanks in advance for any input, thoughts, or suggestions.

It's done all the time. As long as it's in good shape, works properly and can be properly sanatized there's no reason to not use it.

every dairy equipment dealer has used stuff sitting around.
Get on the local auction comapny mailing list and buy direct from daries going out of business.

pdfangus":d5zvwvig said:
every dairy equipment dealer has used stuff sitting around.
Get on the local auction comapny mailing list and buy direct from daries going out of business.
Yup!

around here about all thats sold out of the barns when people quit milking is the milk tanks.thats all weve sold out of our barn.still have the vats milkers an milking system along with the feed system.

msscamp":x4025w95 said:
Thanks dun, any idea where to get used equipment?
There is a little bit of it on ebay. You might try craigsfinder.com too. It searches craigslist nation wide.

Running Arrow Bill":3liomvjc said:
Save time, money, labor...get you milk at grocery store... LOL!
Have you seen the price of milk in the store lately? It is crazy what they are charging for it.

novaman":11qtfp5y said:
Running Arrow Bill":11qtfp5y said:
Have you seen the price of milk in the store lately? It is crazy what they are charging for it.

Factor all costs, etc., out... go with bottomline.

Price of milk not really a significant issue unless you are buying several gallons a week... Guess I'm being a little sarcastic...apologize...we buy 1/2 gal a month and divide into 4 jars, keep 1 in refrig and put other 3 in freezer. Only use it for cooking... ;-)

Running Arrow Bill":1s8176vp said:
novaman":1s8176vp said:
Running Arrow Bill":1s8176vp said:

Factor all costs, etc., out... go with bottomline.

Price of milk not really a significant issue unless you are buying several gallons a week... Guess I'm being a little sarcastic...apologize...we buy 1/2 gal a month and divide into 4 jars, keep 1 in refrig and put other 3 in freezer. Only use it for cooking... ;-)
i have a friend that drinks 2 or 3 gal of fresh milk just about everyday.

novaman":3a8o7p88 said:
Running Arrow Bill":3a8o7p88 said:

Like fine sippin' whiskey, milk has never sold for what it's worth. :drink: Love milk. Best is right out of a milk tank at about 34 degrees...talking about a quick brain freeze.

upfrombottom":2bp1z9dh said:
bigbull338":2bp1z9dh said:

I'd be bound up tighter than a 100lb square bale.

Guys use to bet that you couldn't drink a gallon of milk in an hour without puking. This guy must sit and drink milk all day long.

TexasBred":2e5ymjie said:
upfrombottom":2e5ymjie said:
bigbull338":2e5ymjie said:

I'd be bound up tighter than a 100lb square bale.

Guys use to bet that you couldn't drink a gallon of milk in an hour without puking. This guy must sit and drink milk all day long.
i reckon he drinks milk all day long.thats why he still fires up his milk barn twice a day to milk a cow or 2 that he raised.

Latest posts