Used Loader Tractor Tip

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":1en6bfd3 said:
I'll second the 4wd recommendation, makes life a lot simpler. I've used Fords all my life, never felt the need for anything else, I like the 10 series and the 7600, etc from the late 70s/early 80s. Had a JD once and couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Wouldn't be opposed to trying a Case or Int but never have.

I found a couple 7710s. The asking price is about $6000 more for 4wd. Does that seem right?

Stocker Steve":38bgxovv said:
I found a couple 7710s. The asking price is about $6000 more for 4wd. Does that seem right?

For tractors that are in the exact same condition it seems a tad high. I would think more in the 4k to 5k range. The series II tractors have a nicer cab and are a bit more user-friendly. My 7710 is a II from 88, found it in PA. Belonged to a pig farmer who didn't use it much, had ~2300hrs on it when i bought it about 5 years or so ago. Great tractor but it took me 6 months to get the smell out of the interior. They don't have quite the low end torque of a 6cyl but they are easy on fuel and easy to work on. Given a choice, I'd steer clear of the digital dash, parts can run into some money. If you find one you like that has an online link, pm it to me. I love to look at tractors, specially if it's someone else's money!

cfpinz":2dsn3qzi said:
Belonged to a pig farmer who didn't use it much, had ~2300hrs on it when i bought it about 5 years or so ago. Great tractor but it took me 6 months to get the smell out of the interior.

:lol: :lol: :lol: They do have an odor of their own. Used to be the smell of money. Now it is just pig .... well, you know. :lol2:

cfpinz":pl1voxdh said:
Given a choice, I'd steer clear of the digital dash, parts can run into some money.

I'll second what cf said here, although trying to find non-digital in a newer tractor is tough. I just ordered a replacement tach for a Versatile 856 and it came to 300 bucks. A mechanical for the same tractor is half that, plus diagnosis is much easier. The older IH digital dashes are a nightmare of wires, relays and black boxes and you almost need an electrical engineering degree to figure out what goes where :)

Rod

if our County Super6 (Ford) ever quits, it'll get a cummins 5.9L... engines are close the the same displacement already, it think the county has a 5.1 or 5.2L non turbo

That Oliver is a nice tractor, looks like it would make a good row cropper

I have seen a lot of PR on how newer used combines and newer used large tractors have jumped up in price due to row cropping profits the past two years.

Have you seen a price trend in for 10 to 20 year old tractors in the 60 to 100 hp range?

Stocker Steve":2uup7k61 said:
Have you seen a price trend in for 10 to 20 year old tractors in the 60 to 100 hp range?

Most row croppers won't be looking at low HP tractors like that. If anything, those tractors have taken a hit on pricing due to the poor cattle market. We did see a surge in 120HP+ tractors for a year or so, but thats trickled away with the reduction in grain prices and we'll see prices return back to average next year.

Rod

Stocker Steve":15pyc9sg said:
I have seen a lot of PR on how newer used combines and newer used large tractors have jumped up in price due to row cropping profits the past two years.

around here you 60 to 100hp tractors are they main tractor used actually anything over 85 is getting on the large size and they are hard to come buy in a good used tractorI buy used trctors but try to stay away from anything over 5-7 yrs or over 2000 hrs
I bought my first new tractor this yr it was a T6030 NH 4wd I have 2 TS 110s one is 4WD and had 1600 hrs and the other is 2WD and had 1200hrs they all have cab and air and the TS are manual shift w/mechanical shuttle and the 6030 is powershift with a hyd shuttle I have less in the 2 TS's combined than I do in the new one
A good used 100hp tractor around here less than 10yrs old will cost 25-38000 and over 10 yrs will be 19-25000

Latest posts