USDA final report

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for posting this, it was a long read but well worth it. I found the feed compliance part very informative. Also the fact that bred heifers were alowed but fetal blood could not be sold!
your friend
Mike

Cattle Rack Rancher":2o96ajmh said:
Here is the USDA final report on Canadian cattle imports.

http://www.beefusa.org/documents/ACF985.pdf

Actually Cattle Rack, that is NCBA's final report not USDA's--but that said since both USDA and NCBA are in the packers and big feeders pockets it could be the USDA's final report too.........

One question whats with all these 45 under thirty month cattle they've found tested positive for BSE?????- I thought "sound science" said that cattle under 30 months couldn't get it-- Or is it possible "the science" is not so sound?.....Sound science won't decide the final rule anyway-- the science of the almight buck will........ And the multinational packers definitely have the high road there.......

Oldtimer":aer6zc05 said:
Cattle Rack Rancher":aer6zc05 said:
Here is the USDA final report on Canadian cattle imports.

http://www.beefusa.org/documents/ACF985.pdf

Actually Cattle Rack, that is NCBA's final report not USDA's--but that said since both USDA and NCBA are in the packers and big feeders pockets it could be the USDA's final report too.........

One question whats with all these 45 under thirty month cattle they've found tested positive for BSE?????- I thought "sound science" said that cattle under 30 months couldn't get it-- Or is it possible "the science" is not so sound?.....Sound science won't decide the final rule anyway-- the science of the almight buck will........ And the multinational packers definitely have the high road there.......

Is this something like the imaginery study ,you posted out of Montana stock growers association....That Steve at Montana stockgrowers did,nt know anything about...HMMM

Oldtimer
Are you talking about the chart from the UK dating to the 90's. The one used to show the increased age of the BSE cattle over time in relation to the feed ban!!!! Do you by any chance work for a newspaper :p Why not bring up the French goat reported in France last week to have a type of bse. Fits in with your plan since some Canadians speak French :shock: your friend
Mike

Hmmmm, I think some of the folks at USDA have forgot about the Holstein bull in Japan that was 16 months old and tested positive for BSE

houstoncutter":jsb0y81d said:
Hmmmm, I think some of the folks at USDA have forgot about the Holstein bull in Japan that was 16 months old and tested positive for BSE

They same rapid test that the U.S.D.A used that were false positives. If the U.S relied on them tests alone how many homegrown cases would the U.S now have Hmmm........

houstoncutter":m0tjwn6a said:

Once a final gold standard test was done, the 16 month Japanese animal was found to be negative.