USDA Census of agriculture

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
What is the purpose?
Do they help us or is it just another way for the government to stick their nose in to our business. I was raised you don't fill out any kind of census and always refuse to but if there is a benefit for us as cattlemen/farmers I might fill them out. Some one please tell what's good or what's bad about them?
thanks

I wish I could tell you one way or the other. Maybe I should question it more, but it's just a PITA that I get done as soon as I can.

The USDA survey/questionnaire is for the purpose of generating statistics. I don't spend much time filling it out. Takes me 15 minutes. At best, I estimate. Some say they deliberately submit false information. I don't do that.

They won't leave you alone till you fill it out.
I posted a few years back how to fill a USDA Census out, "classified information" can't submit without a warrant.

Did mine online an used the "swag method" on a lot of the questions. Probably completed it in record time.

They send them to me all the time. I throw them in the trash. I give enough of my money to the government for me to have to seat down and give them time out of my day filling out a forum that will not benefit me.

True Grit Farms":14thls0f said:
They won't leave you alone till you fill it out.
I posted a few years back how to fill a USDA Census out, "classified information" can't submit without a warrant.
Like I said I have never filled one out and never fill out the other Census that the Government send out. So do you just write '' CLASSIFIED INFORMATOIN can't submit without a warrant '' on it and send it back in ?

You're only legally obligated to sign your name and address on it.

Of course they leave that tidbit of information out.

So it sounds as if most people don't fill them out or if they do they don't fill them out correct. is that what I am hearing?

sounds like another waste of tax payers money. A program that needs ended.

I try and fill it out right but I'll admit I threw in some guesstimates. Its a PITA especially when they send it out during tax season when you have all that other stuff hitting you. I had to fill out two this year. One on agriculture and one just for cattle.

I filled it out briefly. I left a few things blank. At the end I wrote in big bold print, I SOLD THE FARM, which I did do. I hope that it takes them a year or three to find me at the new place.

Well I guess I'm the oddball and spent quality time completing it as honestly as I could. Don't get me wrong, I was a complete wench & my husband knew it was best to maintain at least a 50' radius but at least we only get one every 5 years.

That said, we didn't get the US Census a few years ago so obviously didn't fill it out & a Census worker just showed up at the house one evening. WTH?

I just throw mine away. Then they call and pester me and I will ask them what is the last year that they have mine. And they say last year and I tell her it's the same info. I have done it for years. It's just to give someone a job and federal benefits. Total waste of money imo

Latest posts