USDA CALLING ASKING ??

Help Support CattleToday:

dane12

Reaction score
My wife got a call today from usda asking all kinds of ??
how many heads how much land we have what our gross income might be next year???
and a lot more like that
has this happend to anybody else i am a kinda floored

dane12":1zgzcg9z said:
My wife got a call today from usda asking all kinds of ??
how many heads how much land we have what our gross income might be next year???
and a lot more like that
has this happend to anybody else i am a kinda floored

My first thought--Call them back. It could be a scam. If you call them you'll be certain who you're talking to. Or go see them, if it isn't too far.

on my caller id is says: U.S GOVT USDA 405-524-8815

they said it was part of the id program and for 2007 ag-census

I have decided that should I receive any call of that nature, I would tell whomever that for me to answer questions, I would need to be face to face with someone that had proper ID...and if they don't like it, they can put me in USDA jail with all the other malcontents that don't want anything to do with our existing government. :p

Alice

We got the same call. My boys answered and told them they would have to call back later. They had sent us a survey to fill out before they called. We didn't bother sending it back.

Is it maybe because your residences are considered suburbs of larger cities, rather than out in more of a country setting?

We got our premises ID's last year or the year before, we've had cattle on the property for 40 to 45 years, and we have never had the USDA send any kind of survey's or ever call.

mom

About 2 years ago we made the mistake of filling a USDA survey out. We ended up with so much junk mail, spam in our e-mail and way too many telemarketers!!! :x We new that the info from that survey was how these people got our names because we had just renamed the farm and everything was coming and/or happening with the farm name.

dane12":sgx5totp said:
on my caller id is says: U.S GOVT USDA 405-524-8815

they said it was part of the id program and for 2007 ag-census

County does an ag census every year, and yes I have been surveyed several times by the USDA.

They sent out forms a couple of times trying for the same info. It's a backdoor way to get info for NAIS. (Probably the IRS too). Tell them it's a nunaya.Z

caustic....
the photo was that close...guess that camera lens will need replacement....cracks in em don't work too good :D :D

Alice":2pw23ipj said:
I have decided that should I receive any call of that nature, I would tell whomever that for me to answer questions, I would need to be face to face with someone that had proper ID...and if they don't like it, they can put me in USDA jail with all the other malcontents that don't want anything to do with our existing government. :p

Alice

a simple "shove it where the sun don't shine" saves all of that energy..... :)

MrGale":2gipawwm said:
Alice":2gipawwm said:

Alice

a simple "shove it where the sun don't shine" saves all of that energy..... :)

Yeaaaaa, that's true too. :lol:

Alice

We get them all the time from USDA, State and then the chemical folks. Normally don't mess with chemical folks since they are just feeling us out on how much they can charge for chemicals or what we are going to plant etc. It all gets a bit annoying.

Latest posts