US Exports of Beef To China

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":3i7hbyfz said:
Sounds like the Trump train has rolled through.

We posted one minute apart!!!!

When the two biggest economies on the planet cooperate. It must scare the heII out of the rest.

Trump can screw up most other foreign policy matters but if he gets it right with China, all will be forgiven.

Many are not old enough to remember but President Nixon is recognized for one positive (although not many others) opening the door to one of the world's great cultures - China.

Bright Raven":f8573ef3 said:
Trump can screw up most other foreign policy matters but if he gets it right with China, all will be forgiven.

Many are not old enough to remember but President Nixon is recognized for one positive (although not many others) opening the door to one of the world's great cultures - China.

Let me stir the pot, he also ended the Democrat war in Vietnam.

TennesseeTuxedo":11qelfuu said:
Bright Raven":11qelfuu said:

Let me stir the pot, he also ended the Democrat war in Vietnam.

Very astute for an Angus man if I remember my history correct the Democrats have taken us in a major war almost 2 to 1 over the Republicans.
The major parties before 1860 were name differently but where the fathers of the current system.

I guess we can assume there will be a big tariff added so no one can buy it.

I read that in return we will allow (among other things) cooked Chinese poultry into the US. Given their adulterated food supply and complete lack of oversight of it, I sure hope that it will be clear to US consumers at the point of purchase that it's Chinese chicken (reminds me of a Barenaked Ladies song: anyone else?). But my understanding is that often it's baked (ha) into these trade deals that labels simply making people aware of the country of origin are often not allowed. I think that's wrong. Very wrong. When we're importing food from a country with zero consumer protection (h#ll, they don't care if they poison their own citizens), there's no way Americans don't have a right to know what they're eating. And if our beef export agreement allows that as a quid pro quo, then shame on us.

boondocks":2oo99pq0 said:
I read that in return we will allow (among other things) cooked Chinese poultry into the US. Given their adulterated food supply and complete lack of oversight of it, I sure hope that it will be clear to US consumers at the point of purchase that it's Chinese chicken (reminds me of a Barenaked Ladies song: anyone else?). But my understanding is that often it's baked (ha) into these trade deals that labels simply making people aware of the country of origin are often not allowed. I think that's wrong. Very wrong. When we're importing food from a country with zero consumer protection (h#ll, they don't care if they poison their own citizens), there's no way Americans don't have a right to know what they're eating. And if our beef export agreement allows that as a quid pro quo, then shame on us.

I can bear the shame.

boondocks":m3e39rxp said:

Given China's food handling and food safety practices including the practice of recycling food, I would not buy any food product labeled "imported from China".

TennesseeTuxedo":2j6li1ph said:
boondocks":2j6li1ph said:

I can bear the shame.
Shame, blame or playing the game, there might be some concern warranted..

Scandals in the food industry regularly jolt Chinese society into new waves of skepticism with Chinese authorities and their abilities to properly regulate food safety. From melamine-contaminated baby formula that killed at least six infants and sickened 300,000 more, to tilapia fish drenched in chemicals and antibiotics, the Chinese people have been victimized by numerous food scares involving inferior, and even toxic foods and products.

China's meat industry is similarly plagued by abuses and violations as meat producers and processors circumvent the law to get a larger or faster profit.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1473141 ... ou-cringe/

HDRider":df67ir1a said:
TennesseeTuxedo":df67ir1a said:
boondocks":df67ir1a said:

I can bear the shame.
Shame, blame or playing the game, there might be some concern warranted..

Scandals in the food industry regularly jolt Chinese society into new waves of skepticism with Chinese authorities and their abilities to properly regulate food safety. From melamine-contaminated baby formula that killed at least six infants and sickened 300,000 more, to tilapia fish drenched in chemicals and antibiotics, the Chinese people have been victimized by numerous food scares involving inferior, and even toxic foods and products.

China's meat industry is similarly plagued by abuses and violations as meat producers and processors circumvent the law to get a larger or faster profit.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1473141 ... ou-cringe/

Like I said, I would not buy a food product imported from China. There are too many better alternatives.

The question I have is "will the cooked chicken go into another food product like a chicken pot pie where you will not receive warning"?

Bright Raven":3pacqwuc said:
boondocks":3pacqwuc said:

Given China's food handling and food safety practices including the practice of recycling food, I would not buy any food product labeled "imported from China".

Pish posh, man up and eat the tainted chicken.

TennesseeTuxedo":tjpzxjts said:
Bright Raven":tjpzxjts said:
boondocks":tjpzxjts said:

:lol: :cboy:

Bright Raven":2wzd1sep said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2wzd1sep said:
Bright Raven":2wzd1sep said:

:lol: :cboy:
That's called the funky chicken

Latest posts