US BORDER AND CANADIAN LIVE CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE HEARD WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE OPENING OF THE US BORDER TO CANADIAN LIVE CATTLE? CATTLE PRICES ARE BAD UP HERE CULL COWS ARE BRINGING LESS THAN 5 CENTS A POUND US. :cry: CULL BULLS ARE AROUND 10 cents A POUND. AND FAT CATTLE ARE AROUND 50 cents US. IN MY EYES THE BORDER SHOULD BE OPEN BOTH WAYS FOR CANADIAN CATTLE TO GO TO THE US AND FOR AMERICAN CATTLE TO COME INTO CANADIAN FEEDLOTS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW PEOPLE ON HERE FEEL ABOUT THIS ISSUE. ALSO THERE IS A LOT OF MONTANA RANCHERS THAT ARE BUYING CATTLE UP HERE AND FEEDING THEM IN ALBERTA AND THEY ARE LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY ON THEM WHEN THE BORDER OPENS. THE R-CALF GROUP IS GIVING THE NORTHERN US CATTLE PRODUCERS A VERY BIG BLACK EYE. I WANT TO SEE SOME OPINIONS

CHRIS

Chris

As a fellow Canucker - I would like to make a suggestion or two.

First - writing in all capital letter is the same as yelling - please don't do that - it tends to p!ss people off.

Two - it is being discussed to a certain extent in another thread - see this section - "R-calf and canadian owned cattle" - at present it is right below your original post.

Welcome to the board.

IMHO the border will remain closed for at least three years - if I am wrong and I do hope so - I will be pleasantly surprized. If I am correct I will not be surprized.

It's a topic that needs to be discussed - but it is also a topic over which we have little control at this time. Politics is the big player - opinion just does not cut it.

Get out your pen and contact that danged Lieberal government and tell them how you are hurting as well. If you have not yet done this, it is time.

Very best regards,

Bez

Well, I am open to suggestions - have run the book here and continually come up with a blank script. Got some suggestions?

Regards

Bez

Latest posts