Uruguay NEW PICS

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well as promised here are some more pictures of the small countryside show from last weekend, the last ones, I don't want to bore anyone. I hope you enjoy them...

a-1.jpg

a1-1.jpg

a2-1.jpg

a3-1.jpg

a4-1.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7-1.jpg

a8-1.jpg

a9.jpg

Well, those were the last ones. Nex friday I am leaving for 10 days so I will not bother you for a while :lol2:
I will be chasing red stags, playing cards, drinking wine and enjoying a hunting camp with friends.

As it is said:

Old logs to burn, old wines to drink, and old friends to share them with. (or something similar in english) :cowboy:

L

Thanks, I always enjoy your pictures. How many acres or hectacres does it take to run a cow/calf pair there?

Nice pics. Thanks. What breed is the last cow/heifer please?

3waycross":6xly9jj9 said:
KNERSIE":6xly9jj9 said:
The hereford heifer is outstanding!

Which one of the Hereford bulls did you like the best.

Not overly excited about any of them, the first bull isn't really the type I like, but if I was to judge a show I would place him first as he has fewer faults and is a fine representative of the later maturing type. The second bull is a very good early maturing type, but has structural issues in his shoulders and has a poor scrotum.

The third bull, whom I assume is a junior bull is a pretty decent bull, could have been stronger over the top. The bullcalf is is also pretty good, again a slightly later maturing type. The third bull lacks muscle in the rear quarter and cuts off to high on the round.

The heifer is top notch.

alacattleman":ii8nqafn said:
i realise you the expert... but what about having his head jerked up, and most of his weight on his right front leg...

I look past that.

alacattleman":3oh4tru4 said:
i realise you the expert... but what about having his head jerked up, and most of his weight on his right front leg...

I also think so....

KNERSIE":2paoajxa said:
3waycross":2paoajxa said:
KNERSIE":2paoajxa said:
The hereford heifer is outstanding!

Which one of the Hereford bulls did you like the best.

Not overly excited about any of them, the first bull isn't really the type I like, but if I was to judge a show I would place him first as he has fewer faults and is a fine representative of the later maturing type. The second bull is a very good early maturing type, but has structural issues in his shoulders and has a poor scrotum.

The third bull, whom I assume is a junior bull is a pretty decent bull, could have been stronger over the top. The bullcalf is is also pretty good, again a slightly later maturing type. The third bull lacks muscle in the rear quarter and cuts off to high on the round.

The heifer is top notch.

I have to agree, that first Herf bull looks the best. Does the rear feet on the second Herf look like they are toed out to you? Could that shrinkage in the testicals on the second Herf be from collecting him too much? Why is that heifer so dark and glossy looking on her red coat?

Does the rear feet on the second Herf look like they are toed out to you?

Yes, but that is very likely because he just isn't standing comfortably. Remember he has been poked to try to get him to set up. That however doesn't change the shoulder attachment.

Could that shrinkage in the testicals on the second Herf be from collecting him too much?

No, I suspect its structural.

Why is that heifer so dark and glossy looking on her red coat?

On her ribcage? Its probably just old dry hair, see it quite often in younger cattle. If this was a major show the preparation probably would have started earlier and her coat would have been worked harder. If you're talking the dark on her neck and the shinyness over the rump its something oily like liquid parafin or baby oil, often used to enhance the appearance of cattle at wash and brush type shows.

Well fellas I might just be a dumb country boy but I woulda picked the second Herf bull and been real happy with him breedin my cows.

I actually like his shoulders better. I'm tired of pullin calves and he looks : at least to me like he would calve easier, and still pass along plenty of muscle, as far as growth goes, why not pick an earlier maturing bull. I want pounds on the ground and the earlier the better.

Just my dumba$$ 2 cents worth.

3waycross":9f8z085z said:
Well fellas I might just be a dumb country boy but I woulda picked the second Herf bull and been real happy with him breedin my cows.

I actually like his shoulders better. I'm tired of pullin calves and he looks : at least to me like he would calve easier, and still pass along plenty of muscle, as far as growth goes, why not pick an earlier maturing bull. I want pounds on the ground and the earlier the better.

Just my dumba$$ 2 cents worth.

We agree on type, just not on his soundness. If soundness was the same between the first two the second bull would have been my pick and probably the judge, who judged this show's, as well.

Gentlemen,

I am killing some time before leaving so I check the forum and find all these interesting comments.
Really is a pleasure to post pictures here, is the easiest way to learn !!!!!!!!!!

L

Lorenzo":3siotyla said:
Gentlemen,

I am killing some time before leaving so I check the forum and find all these interesting comments.
Really is a pleasure to post pictures here, is the easiest way to learn !!!!!!!!!!

L

Enjoy the hunt!

Latest posts