Upgrade Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake":3ju5cxgz said:
Very good to know. I will keep an eye on that. May wait a couple years to see how these turn out before breeding to him again. I would prefer to breed them angus. My select sires rep highly recommend gar composure and gar surefire, but I think I'm going to use comrade on my chisum and right answer daughters this spring.

I bought a cane of Composure. Still have 3 or 4 straws left. I got about 6 calves. I kept one heifer that I sold as a bred. They are small calves that have low performance.

Why angus? Why not go back with Simm on them? I have several Upgrade daughters in production, and love each one of them. They raise one heck of a calf each year! We only use Simmental semen over here, so I really do not know the angus sires like others here.

Angus genetic change so fast now it is like riding a merry go round...
I laid off studying the catalogs for a couple of years and now I don't recognize much of anything...

I am not opposed to breeding simi. Just know absolutely nothing about them. These heifers will be the first time a simi has been on any of our farms

We have had inconsistent results with upgrades in out herd. We've had BIG and good, mid and good, but also tall and shallow and short and choppy.

Latest posts