Updated Bull Picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
I had posted a picture of this bull when he was a year old. Just thought I would get some opinions on how you think he is doing a year later. He will be two in March.

Stevie_Wonder_705.jpg

I couldn't tell you what specifically what I like about him but he sure is impressive with you in the background to gauge mass. How much does he weigh?

HerefordSire":2pcxzs4g said:
I couldn't tell you what specifically what I like about him but he sure is impressive with you in the background to gauge mass. How much does he weigh?

He weighed 1,750 at the first of November.....I would say probably about the same now as he has just been eating hay and a protein tub while breeding some cows and heifers.

Jovid-

Speaking from a Phenotypic point of view only, your bull strikes me as being a considerably higher quality than any bull seen on this Forum in recent months! I would prefer that he display a smoother tail setting, and a stronger-appearing top line, but considering his current working status, he is an excellent example of an ALL-AROUND herd bull! He looks as if he could improve almost ANY seedstock program. I particularly approve of the deep Mahogony Red color!

DOC HARRIS

Awwwwwww Jovid I feel real bad for you. That bull is just no good, I will be happy to come by any time and get his sorry carcass off the place for you. Won't even charge for the hauling.

Seriously he looked good last time you posted him, he's even better now.

I've got a couple of red Gelbvieh heifers that would sure look good with one of his calves at their side next year.

DOC HARRIS":nbh84193 said:
Jovid-

Speaking from a Phenotypic point of view only, your bull strikes me as being a considerably higher quality than any bull seen on this Forum in recent months! I would prefer that he display a smoother tail setting, and a stronger-appearing top line, but considering his current working status, he is an excellent example of an ALL-AROUND herd bull! He looks as if he could improve almost ANY seedstock program. I particularly approve of the deep Mahogony Red color!

DOC HARRIS

Thanks DOC

3waycross":197sz41o said:
Awwwwwww Jovid I feel real bad for you. That bull is just no good, I will be happy to come by any time and get his sorry carcass off the place for you. Won't even charge for the hauling.

Seriously he looked good last time you posted him, he's even better now.

I've got a couple of red Gelbvieh heifers that would sure look good with one of his calves at their side next year.

We do have semen available :)

Australian":17ew3v7s said:
There are some good Red Poll bulls here in Australia. There are still too many dairy types though. There were some nice young heifers at our show on Saturday.

There are still a few dairy types here in the states also but overall most of the cattle here look like beef cattle.

Do you own half interest in this bull and full possession or how does it work? Or do you own the bull outright? I know there is some money to be made doing the half interest thing.

cowman30":1agoqqur said:
Do you own half interest in this bull and full possession or how does it work? Or do you own the bull outright? I know there is some money to be made doing the half interest thing.

We own the bull and the semen.

Jovid":2tb6mzwx said:
cowman30":2tb6mzwx said:

Jovid could you post your web address again I thought I had it saved but I don't

3waycross":18tbmcva said:
Jovid":18tbmcva said:
cowman30":18tbmcva said:

Jovid could you post your web address again I thought I had it saved but I don't

http://ninewestoakcanyon.com/

3waycross":qo7a7jdy said:
Jovid":qo7a7jdy said:
cowman30":qo7a7jdy said:

Thanks VanC

I am going to be making some changes on the website this week. We want to start emphasizing how are cattle do on pasture and that the bulls we sell are performance tested and ready to go to work.

Jovid":29tfco9c said:
3waycross":29tfco9c said:

Thanks VanC

I am going to be making some changes on the website this week. We want to start emphasizing how are cattle do on pasture and that the bulls we sell are performance tested and ready to go to work.

I've enjoyed your site more than once in the past. I'll be looking forward to the update.

VanC":mjdh5qfu said:
Jovid":mjdh5qfu said:
3waycross":mjdh5qfu said:

Thanks VanC

I've enjoyed your site more than once in the past. I'll be looking forward to the update.

The website has been updated. Check out the Range Performance section

Well, I was going to offer haul that pitiful looking bull away but someone beat me to it. :nod:

(Don't tell anybody this, but he looks great.)

Latest posts