Updated 2006 steer pics!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Girl

Reaction score
I'm going to get better pictures of my steers and heifer tomorrow! Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. But I have a question. What profiles should I get of them? I'm going to get a side. But should I get a rear view also? Or maybe a front view?

Try to get all views that a judge at a show would see. i.e. every all views: front, rear, and profile. Try to have the calves set up too.

Today, I finally got the pics on the computer to upload. Sorry it took me so long. Anyway's, I hope these pics are a lot better, and I hope you guys find it easier to judge them!

Here is my Charolais cross steer.

Side Profile:
qytwgl.jpg

Front Profile:
qyu5c4.jpg

Rear Profile:
qyu97o.jpg

Here is my Angus cross steer.

Side Profile:
qyv1bc.jpg

Front Profile:
qyv876.jpg

Rear Profile:
qyve4m.jpg

Here is my Angus cross heifer.

Side Profile:
qyvi1h.jpg

Front Profile:
qyvnd5.jpg

Rear Profile:
qywaax.jpg

Sorry they are so big! I hope they didn't scare you.Thanks guys! Judge them to your fullest ability. Criticism Welcome!! :lol:

They all look nice. You should do well with them. Good luck! Much better pictures. ;-)

Yeah, somehow the Angus X steer got a lot of his tail hair pulled out. It was like that way back when I first got him also(in October). We have our cattles' feet trimmed around June or July every year. But I think my Angus X hooves are REALLY long.

Angus Cattle Girl":tboo2dfo said:
Yeah, somehow the Angus X steer got a lot of his tail hair pulled out. It was like that way back when I first got him also(in October). We have our cattles' feet trimmed around June or July every year. But I think my Angus X hooves are REALLY long.
you should be doing it more often than that...maybe moreso for your show cattle.

jaydill":2mx8cbs8 said:
Angus Cattle Girl":2mx8cbs8 said:
you should be doing it more often than that...maybe moreso for your show cattle.

Calves that you are activly showing need to have their hooves trimed every 3-4 months.

Your calves look like they are doing OK for what you have. You could improve by studying more about Show Calf selection.

Latest posts