Update

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly":1f0hrjb4 said:
dun":1f0hrjb4 said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1f0hrjb4 said:
Kinda like pickled herring myself :D

Being Norwegian so do I. But it's an old joke about telling when they've gone bad.

dun

I'm a Norski myself.
Dun, do you know what a "splivit" is???

Hillbilly
Have a friend who's father used to make Glug a Christmas time :D Good stuff!

Craig-TX":11666lhi said:
It is, shall we say, an acquired taste. I tend to cull out the red and green 'fruit' and concentrate on the nuts and cake. Not sure exactly what those things are. Or how long it takes to digest them. And I'll admit that a little fruitcake goes a long way. Collin Street is the only one I've ever tried that I like. The tins are great.

Also, if you burn out on it you can use the leftovers for lots of things such as choking your tires when you change the oil, doorstops, counterweights on the front of your tractor, boat anchors, etc.

Craig-TX

Is that the bakery on Hwy 22 in Corsicana across from the HEB store.

HEB is a grocery store. I guess they must be a regional thing. Oh well better brush up on it or you'll have an empty pantry.

If you really want to kow most people say it stands for Harry E Butt. Part of that is correct. I think it really stands for Henry E. Butt. Mr. Butt was the founder of the HEB grocery store.

We don't have HEB up here either. I've seen them in San Antonio, so it must be a south TX thing. Or maybe a Hispanic thing? We do have tons of Tom Thumbs, Krogers and Albertsons on every corner. Had a Minyards, but they closed down. Also have a Sack and Save, where you bag your own groceries. And also a Super Target with groceries.

Latest posts