Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1010677-1.jpg

Made a stand for it. :lol2:

ga. prime":31bm6udm said:
P1010677-1.jpg

Made a stand for it. :lol2:

Thats cool! I know the stand is rough but it looks old like the bottle. Matches just right. An old bottle on a fancy stand wouldn't look right with the rough wood decor of the room. I like it :cboy:

I like it.

A little tip for you.... if you look on the right side, you see where the wood split. Before you nail, turn you nail up and tap the sharp end with the hammer one time to flatten the point of the nail.

Then nail. It won't split the wood.

grannysoo":1kzj770t said:
I like it.

A little tip for you.... if you look on the right side, you see where the wood split. Before you nail, turn you nail up and tap the sharp end with the hammer one time to flatten the point of the nail.
Then nail. It won't split the wood.
preciate that info ive had that happen alot

Jogeephus":2pprl19y said:
You wouldn't happen to have a glass turpentine cup to the right of the terracotta one do you?
No, wish I did! If you look behind the bottle there's another terra cotta one shaped like the common tin ones. Show a pic of the glass- I don't think I've seen one.

That's a good tip about the nail grannysoo- I've heard it before but usually forget to use it in practice. I'm a pretty average carpenter at best. :D

ga. prime":39pmgomh said:
Jogeephus":39pmgomh said:
You wouldn't happen to have a glass turpentine cup to the right of the terracotta one do you?
No, wish I did! If you look behind the bottle there's another terra cotta one shaped like the common tin ones. Show a pic of the glass- I don't think I've seen one.

That's a good tip about the nail grannysoo- I've heard it before but usually forget to use it in practice. I'm a pretty average carpenter at best. :D

Does it have a bananna curl to the back? I've seen those but have never found one. I don't have a glass one either. Have found only pieces. Have access to hundreds of the other ones but the glass one is a very rare find. I was supposed to have worked out a trade for one of the glass ones but the deal fell through. Someone paid over $100 for it and I wasn't willing to do anything like that. They are just like the one you have but made of thick clear glass. Extremely hard find.

Jogeephus":1nn3bs4k said:
ga. prime":1nn3bs4k said:
Jogeephus":1nn3bs4k said:

Does it have a bananna curl to the back? I've seen those but have never found one. I don't have a glass one either. Have found only pieces. Have access to hundreds of the other ones but the glass one is a very rare find. I was supposed to have worked out a trade for one of the glass ones but the deal fell through. Someone paid over $100 for it and I wasn't willing to do anything like that. They are just like the one you have but made of thick clear glass. Extremely hard find.
Yes, it has an arc circumscribed to the back to fit a rather large tree. Very interesting about the glass cups.

Latest posts