Update On Bull Swinging Head

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
About a week or so ago I posted on why my bull would be swinging his head around for no apparent reason. Today I figured out what exactly was bothering him. I was out brushing him, and I noticed a scab right on the back of his hump. I kind of picked at it and it peeled right off. He got ringworm on the back of his hump. That is why he was swinging his head around so much, but he couldnt reach it.

Heres a strange part. I didnt know he was that smart. There is a ball hanging in his pen in the barn (someone before me left it there). I noticed my bull "playing" with the ball recently. After I realized what was wrong with him, I watched him "playing" with the ball. He would stand right next to the ball, then swing his head and hit the ball. It would slide across the back of his hump and scratch it for him. I guess thats why he would only swing his head around when hes outside, where he cant scratch it with anything.

I had no idea he was smart enough to figure that out.

Make sure you spend more time brushing and petting him. I hear that is good for a bull's self-esteem, but maybe not so good for you in the long run. :lol:

I really thought there was something in his ear...glad to hear you figured it out.

Alice

KMacGinley":3fiogaz4 said:
Make sure you spend more time brushing and petting him. I hear that is good for a bull's self-esteem, but maybe not so good for you in the long run. :lol:

Since he IS a show bull, brushing is kind of a requirement

i told you brahmans are smart.

whaat an annoying to spot to have ringworm, too.

the other day i saw my horse making funny movements out in the pasture. she was kind of standing there swaying back and forth like she was kind of out of it. i thought oh no, i bet shes fixing to colic or something. this is the horse that had the mystery ailment and wasnt able to swallow for two weeks a while back. anyway, after a while she walked off so i thought i'd just keep and eye on her. a few days later i catch her doing it again. turns out she was scratching between her navel and her teats with a tall dogfennel. lol.

We had a horse that would roll a car tire around and also pitch it up in the air.

Had a dog once that would run around the base of a tree barking for hours. He never missed anyone coming in the gate though. He would always greet them until I told him it was ok. Then back to a tree. I think he brain was cooked but was a good one.

Latest posts