Update of Twinkie

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
Went to farm today with camera...

Twinkie is the family favorite, she is one sweet girl. She is currently 4yo and 8 months, as has 3 great calves, she is a definite keeper. ;-)

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

Let me know what you think of her, good, bad, and ugly.

Thanks

Michele

Twinkie is a fitting name....looks like she is about ready to pop some filling right out of her! :cboy:
Nice looking, functional cow...looks highly adaptable to a life in Wisconsin!

I like her, but I'd be careful what she's bred to. Make sure the bull has plenty of rear. She's kind of tall for my tastes, but most pinz are. With the right bull she should make you money.

"swell" "pop" As I was talking pics that day, I noticed this "swelling" on all of the girls!

She shouldn't calve until April, as the bull was out 7/7/08 (i think that was the date)

Could this rotundness be cuz they were started on some 2nd crop alfalfa recently?

The cows are not as "fat" as I would of liked going into the winter. Fall was late, and winter hit with a bang, and we had them out "foraging" probably longer than we should have. In hindsight that is of winter hitting suddenly.

I say "definite" keeper due to her sweetness, and the kids love for her, not for any "perfection", but she does raise a heck of calf in addition. She shows more muscle as she gains a little (as do most), but her calves show the best muscle hands down of any calves born.

Michele

Latest posts