• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

unusual coyote carcass

matt090303

Reaction score
While hunting in some canyons found the front half of a coyote, head and two front quarters. no signs of a fight, nothing, no other parts in the area. Anyone got any ideas? I am 58 yrs old, hunted my whole life, except for military time. never seen anything like this.

matt090303

Reaction score
We were in S.E. Colo. in the canyons. Have heard rumors of wolf-hybrids being dumped. Have also heard of the Mexican wolf moving northward thru New Mexico. Don't big cats cover/ or attempt to cover remains of kills with debris? I am at a loss. But will keep a close watch on my dogs. I know an outfitter in that area, I will give him a call, see what he thinks. Just a very curious thing.

L.A.

Reaction score
Seems like I read there are two and a half coyotes per square mile down there. Guess you found the half. ;-)

3waycross

Reaction score
Matt if you're where I think you are, then it could be the UFO's come back and workin on Coyotes this time instead of cows and horses. :help:

dyates

Reaction score
If you figure out what it was, give it a pat on the back and a raise. Then, tell us so we can get one.

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
dyates":3tj9awe0 said:
If you figure out what it was, give it a pat on the back and a raise. Then, tell us so we can get one.

AMEN!
That is a very strange discovery....we think we know a lot about mother nature but she is always surprising us.

HOSS

Reaction score
Could be a bear. Half a coyote is just a snack......better keep a sharp eye open he might come back for the second half :D

K2011

Reaction score
As someone said maybe a large cat...my cat caught a rabbitt once and we didn't have time to throw it over the fence so when we got back he had chewed off the entire FRONT end with no leftovers...

3waycross

Reaction score
matt090303":ktzekhe0 said:
It was a mountain lion. all who stated large cat were right

Where ya been for 2 years Matt. Welcome back! I am guessing ya'll are burnt up pretty bad these days. I talked to my friend over by Pinon Canyon last week and he says they went past brown to grey about a month ago.

Latest posts