Unreasonable Expectations

Help Support CattleToday:

I think the "better" the cow, the less important bull selection is. If I had used a Corriente bull on this old-school LH I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have weaned a calf like this.
I'm not the one who made the 250 lb. comment, but in the particular case I just mentioned I could see it as possible.

Son of Butch":1ymnbg6v said:
In another posting one member told another that if he used a better bull he could increase his weaning weights 250 lbs.
That is simply not a realistic expectation.
The Top Bull in the Angus breed sires calves that average 42 lbs more at weaning than breed average.
The Bottom Bull sires calves that average 46 pounds less at weaning than breed average.
So IF you switched from using the very worst angus bull to the very best angus bull, 88 lbs would be the expected difference, not 250 lbs.

The guy claiming 250 lbs just buying a better bull wasn't even trying to sell a bull.
Imagine the sales pitch if he had one for sale
Post the comment. Don't be a panzy, just copy and paste it.

TennesseeTuxedo":1znv2fin said:
It was never posted.
I'll bet ol Butch will post it shortly. He dont seem like the type to make a ruckus and not have the guts to post the comment.

Are yall going to tell me that of every single member on this board not one person saw the imfamous 250 pound weaning weight gain post except Old Butch? Im still waiting on the post.

I read the whole thread where it would have been while it was going on and commented on it and never saw it. I could have missed it but I don't think so.

Latest posts