Universal tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

thought i would let you know ,universal tractors are sold in the u.s. under the long tractor brand , i know they have been in the us for atleast 20 yrs one of the first tractors i drove was a long from romania .they are still built there.they are fiat "clones" .a friend of mine has had one for about 2 yrs. seems to be a good tractor .fit a finsh is not great but seems to run and drive well has not been i the shop except for oil and filter changes.

jholk":2vc2t0cp said:
thought i would let you know ,universal tractors are sold in the u.s. under the long tractor brand , i know they have been in the us for atleast 20 yrs one of the first tractors i drove was a long from romania .they are still built there.they are fiat "clones" .a friend of mine has had one for about 2 yrs. seems to be a good tractor .fit a finsh is not great but seems to run and drive well has not been i the shop except for oil and filter changes.

thanks..

Long also manufacturers the FarmTrac line. It is basically old Ford 3610/4610/4510 style tractors manufactured in Mexico. Somehow they got the manufacturing rights from Ford when Ford Motor Co. sold out to New Holland. However, I think Fiat has an interest in New Holland also so it would make even more sense if Fiat is involved in Long.

Subsoil":28i6zi5b said:
Long also manufacturers the FarmTrac line. It is basically old Ford 3610/4610/4510 style tractors manufactured in Mexico. Somehow they got the manufacturing rights from Ford when Ford Motor Co. sold out to New Holland. However, I think Fiat has an interest in New Holland also so it would make even more sense if Fiat is involved in Long.

The FarmTrac 60 is a Ford 3910 and is manufactured in India. Got one. A great tractor but the metallergy on some parts is a bit suspect.

dun

dun":3s4dv7bd said:
Subsoil":3s4dv7bd said:

The FarmTrac 60 is a Ford 3910 and is manufactured in India. Got one. A great tractor but the metallergy on some parts is a bit suspect.

dun

How many PTO HP Dun?

frenchie":s751fy1a said:
dun":s751fy1a said:
Subsoil":s751fy1a said:

dun

How many PTO HP Dun?

If memory serves it's 45 or 47 pto hp

dun

There are a few of them around here, some of the local townships bought them to mow ditches, a few on farms. They work reasonably well as low-hour utility tractors but anybody that starts putting a lot of hours on them soon wants rid of them.

Latest posts