Universal Basic Wage in 2021?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I am seeing a wide range of government support for citizens:
"one time" payments
fixed monthly payments
% of previous wages monthly payments

Has the US backed into providing a universal basic wage for some groups? Is Bernie satisfied?

Its been called child social securty...... Like super welfare, more you have the more your monthly income will be.

I read an article yesterday that said thank goodness the old Reagan way of less government involvement in our personal lives is finally over. I couldn't read the whole thing but the gist was that we need the government to be involved in our day to day lives and help us out financially and we finally have a president that would do just that. I hope to god the majority of people don't feel this way but it sure seems like allot do.

I read an article yesterday that said thank goodness the old Reagan way of less government involvement in our personal lives is finally over. I couldn't read the whole thing but the gist was that we need the government to be involved in our day to day lives and help us out financially and we finally have a president that would do just that. I hope to god the majority of people don't feel this way but it sure seems like allot do.

That is what people think because the media shoves it down our throats 24/7. It is a very small majority.
Bidumb's presser the other day had only 3,800 views... out of 81million votes as the most loved president???

It's all for show.

People need to see the light before walking blindly to slaughter, as we say.

Certainly better than just raising the minimum wage, which is a slap in the face to guys that have worked for years to get up to what they make now, and has no provision for the variability of living costs by area. $15 is nothing in California or New York, but is a good living in many parts of the midwest.

Wages should have been corrected years ago, yet conservatives seem to be against giving the current generation the same economic opportunities that they had.

Certainly better than just raising the minimum wage, which is a slap in the face to guys that have worked for years to get up to what they make now, and has no provision for the variability of living costs by area. $15 is nothing in California or New York, but is a good living in many parts of the midwest.

Wages should have been corrected years ago, yet conservatives seem to be against giving the current generation the same economic opportunities that they had.

I started at minimum wage, decided it wasn't how I wanted to live so worked hard to improve my skills and took better jobs until I landed at the one I have now. It took me 18 yrs in the workforce to land the job I have now, nothing good comes easy. I definitely don't feel sorry for folks that don't try and better themselves and the complain about how bad they've got it. I'm not sure what "opportunities " you are speaking of that previous workers had compared to the incoming working class. It's never been easier to learn or land a good job than it is today.

Read on ag fax yesterday. Socially disadvantaged people will be getting 120% on their usda farm loans. 600,000$ is the max on a land loan. You maxed that out last month get farm payed off and a buck twenty to walk around with. Also said usda guaranteed loans so the number could go bigger. Seems straight up crazy to me. I don't know how to post links. Maybe someone else can.

Read on ag fax yesterday. Socially disadvantaged people will be getting 120% on their usda farm loans. 600,000$ is the max on a land loan. You maxed that out last month get farm payed off and a buck twenty to walk around with. Also said usda guaranteed loans so the number could go bigger. Seems straight up crazy to me. I don't know how to post links. Maybe someone else can.
littletom, is this the article you were referring to:

Aid for Disadvantaged Farmers

Latest posts