Under the knife

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS":pdi3tm6a said:
I guess there was more to this little slice and dice procedure than the doc thought going in. He had to make the external incision go in the X and Y axis so it is really two external incisions. The internal cut through the muscle wall is bigger yet and I have allot more stitches inside than out. I won't lie.........I hurt :mad: The pain meds barely take the edge off when the dose is doubled. I go back to see him this coming week and I am going to axe for something stronger. I have laid around all day and can't get comfortable. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I think I need to get me a big bottle of :drink: and at least enjoy the laying around better.

Sorry to hear it buddy. Don't wait to see him for better meds. Call him and tell him you are still in a lot of pain. The pain retards the healing process!

3waycross":1q59wceb said:
HOSS":1q59wceb said:
I guess there was more to this little slice and dice procedure than the doc thought going in. He had to make the external incision go in the X and Y axis so it is really two external incisions. The internal cut through the muscle wall is bigger yet and I have allot more stitches inside than out. I won't lie.........I hurt :mad: The pain meds barely take the edge off when the dose is doubled. I go back to see him this coming week and I am going to axe for something stronger. I have laid around all day and can't get comfortable. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I think I need to get me a big bottle of :drink: and at least enjoy the laying around better.

Sorry to hear it buddy. Don't wait to see him for better meds. Call him and tell him you are still in a lot of pain. The pain retards the healing process!
I agree, I would call. When they did mine I think they gave me Loratabs did not sleep for a couple days. Had to use something different, they knock some people out but I was wired. You are bound to be sore having open surgery, I got the mesh also put thru a scope. Watch lifting or straining for a while. Hope you start feeling better.

HOSS":141e1lyg said:

Sleep was nearly impossible for me and I got so tired from lack of sleep but every time I moved I'd wake up. To remedy this I started stock piling the pills the nurses gave me and would hold them under my tongue till they left. When Friday night came I took the three pills and asked for the shot in the rear. I was flying high and was looking forward to some much deserved sleep then in walked my preacher and he wanted to pray with me. :shock: Talk about feeling like a dirty sinner on the highway to he77.

Ouachita":kmaykyuo said:
I missed this post until now. Glad everything went well. I concur on the precaution on sneezing, coughing, burping and farting; Don't do it. Take care of yourself and as difficult as it may be, try hard to make the best of the situation and enjoy this brief experience in your life.

Me too, help is as close as your phone. Please take it easy.

Latest posts