Unbelievable......Well, not really. Just par for the coarse

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
Rain bypassed us again. 1 - 2 inches reported in the area (KBTX :roll: ) and we got zilch, nada, nothing --- again.

brandonm_13":3u6oiqz6 said:
That's how we were two years ago. Now I can just say the word hay and it starts raining.

Did that in 2007. Made lots of so-so hay. It was hard to get a window long enough to get it cured or the ground dry enough. Cows at it just fine last year. But, just about wouldn't need hay if it would just rain regularly.

Just cut a patch, cut good since the fire ants mounds are dry. Left over cow turds gave me more streaks than ants.

I watched the national weather radar the other night and I saw a band of rain from Mexico to Canada EXCEPT for one broken piece in Texas. Couldn't have been more than 25 - 50 miles wide. I said a prayer for you cause I had a hunch your place was in between these two bands. I must have been right.

:nod:

Really needed this one. Could have used the one we missed last week. If we would have gotten an inch instead of 1/10 of an inch the week before that it wouldn't have been so bad missing this one. Now we have to wait a week for another chance.

So if we make par, we should get between 1 and 3 tenths somewhere between the 28th (4 weeks since the last rain) and June 6th (nearing 40 days). Considered that Memorial Day is Monday but it hasn't been that big of a magnet for rain in the past.

hope you get some rain soon.the band of rain that missed you dumped 12in of rain on us.

We have been getting some nice rains also. The pastures are green and the cows are fat.
Tom

Latest posts