Un-noticed change

Help Support CattleToday:

How about the old floor starters in the old Chevy's? Anybody remember those? Put the heel on the gas, and your toe on the starter button.

And the three on the tree?

GMN

GMN":151yxenm said:
How about the old floor starters in the old Chevy's? Anybody remember those? Put the heel on the gas, and your toe on the starter button.

GMN

It wasn;t just chevys. My old plymouth was that way.
Another thing that took a while to adjust to was the dimmer switch not being on the floor where it belongs

dun":1mxg0zbv said:
I heard some insipid drivel song today but one part caught my attention. Something about "the key to my car". When did there stop being 2 different keys to vehicles? I know one of my trucks not that long ago had a door key and an ignition key. Current trucks don;t

We had a 1969 Chevy Mailibu with a key for the ignition and one for the doors. We traded it for 1974 Ford with just one key for both. We haven't had two keys for a vehicle since then. So I guess Ford and Chevy went to the one key thing in the early '70s?

Frankie":3knrfld8 said:
dun":3knrfld8 said:
I heard some insipid drivel song today but one part caught my attention. Something about "the key to my car". When did there stop being 2 different keys to vehicles? I know one of my trucks not that long ago had a door key and an ignition key. Current trucks don;t

We had a 1969 Chevy Mailibu with a key for the ignition and one for the doors. We traded it for 1974 Ford with just one key for both. We haven't had two keys for a vehicle since then. So I guess Ford and Chevy went to the one key thing in the early '70s?

My son's 78 Ford pickup has two keys - one for the doors and one for the ignition - on the dash. Might have been different for cars and trucks or it might have been an assembly plant thing. Hard tellin'.

dun":3hhy3ryb said:
GMN":3hhy3ryb said:

GMN

It wasn;t just chevys. My old plymouth was that way.
Another thing that took a while to adjust to was the dimmer switch not being on the floor where it belongs
Ford Econoline pickups were that way too.

cfpinz":3o0qr51h said:
Lammie":3o0qr51h said:
I had a car that had different keys for the trunk and ignition. I can't remember which one. It hasn't been that long ago. Maybe it was a '94 F150?

An F150 with a trunk??? You've been in the tequila again, eh? :lol:

cfpinz

The doors! I meant the doors!! :roll: :oops:

I only drinks tequila on the beach. Unless it is in margarita form...

Maybe I was thinking about that station wagon I hauled goats in...

Frankie":3r4uxb0x said:
dun":3r4uxb0x said:

Had an 89 F150 with two keys, and a 91 Mustang that had seperate keys also. My 86 F350 has seperate keys but the door locks are froze up, does this count as a single key vehicle?

The dimmer switch on the column sucks. They exchanged a switch that cost a buck or two and took five minutes to replace with one that's usually over a hundred bucks and is a pita to change. And I keep getting my foot caught in the steering wheel when I dim my lights!

cfpinz

cfpinz":hc1lezw8 said:
When are you going to get with the times? Most of my trucks have had only one key for years. In fact, one key fits them all:

21838.JPG

cfpinz

I still don't understand why I can see this photo but can't see most of the photos posted.

Everytime I see an ad for a car featuring a "new" push button ignition, I have to laugh..

Both my old 8Ns have push button ignition..

pdfangus":2skllmid said:
cfpinz":2skllmid said:
When are you going to get with the times? Most of my trucks have had only one key for years. In fact, one key fits them all:

21838.JPG

cfpinz

I still don't understand why I can see this photo but can't see most of the photos posted.

It's because we live about an hour apart. Your pc must not have the long distance module. :lol:

cfpinz