Un-invited guest in the house

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
barn_swallow.jpg

Left the door standing open for just a minute to let the senile old dog decide if he was going out or not, and this swallow flew in. I couldn't get it shooed back out the door; it decided it was going out the kitchen window and kept fluttering against the glass. I was able to put an ice cream bucket over him, then slip the lid between the bucket and glass, then carried it outside for release.

Isn't there an old wives tale that a bird in the house is bad luck????

I think it is. Well I know it is but we love fried chicken so much we just learn to live with our ill fate. ;-)

They get into the garage all the time and then you can't make them see where the doors are. I think one has died in there because it smells funny.

My sister and I walked in the house the other day and found a dead bird on the doormat. Cat had been up in the attic and was looking pretty pleased with himself.

We left the door open once and a chicken got into the house. Like to have never got it back out again. It just freaked smooth out.

If a bird flies through your house, it indicates important news. If it can't get out, the news will be death. This is from the Myths and folklore if you believe in that sort of thing. a load of hog wash if you ask me, just unfortunate that bird was flying your way when the door was open.

this is an interesting site:- http://www.halloween-website.com/superstitions.htm

now if the black cat one was to be believed I Don't know how I've made thus far, as I have two and have had for the past 22 years. (3 cats in all.)
and the lucky rabbit's foot, wasn't so lucky for the poor rabbit was it?

I've had a Buzzard in the house for 3 weeks now. Anyone have any remedies on Mother In Laws that have overstayed their visit length by 2 weeks, and no departure time in sight?

chrisy":1fn025ei said:
If a bird flies through your house, it indicates important news. If it can't get out, the news will be death. This is from the Myths and folklore if you believe in that sort of thing. a load of hog wash if you ask me, just unfortunate that bird was flying your way when the door was open.

this is an interesting site:- http://www.halloween-website.com/superstitions.htm

now if the black cat one was to be believed I Don't know how I've made thus far, as I have two and have had for the past 22 years. (3 cats in all.)
and the lucky rabbit's foot, wasn't so lucky for the poor rabbit was it?
chrisy, I liked the story of the Ravens at the Tower of London! That tour was the highlight of my trip to London.

Crowderfarms":17h7cmm3 said:
I've had a Buzzard in the house for 3 weeks now. Anyone have any remedies on Mother In Laws that have overstayed their visit length by 2 weeks, and no departure time in sight?

I googled this question a when my MIL came to the house and found the only cure for this is gum opium and a water pipe. Unfortunately, you can no longer get this so you best just line up an appointment with the doctor so he can prescribe some meds for your bleeding ulcer and you might as well buy some hair dye unless you look good in grey. (I'll put you on our prayer list)

Ouch! Uncle Crowder that is a difficult one, unwanted guests of this kind are a big headache. Jo seemed to have the only advice I could think of to, pills and potions. Good luck you'll need it. One thing could you not make an excuse and go and stay with paint for a while, knowing what you two get up to she may want you back more than her Mum staying????? :lol: :help:

Crowderfarms":3qrlcdev said:

Time for a single wide somewhere on the back of the place. Preferably over a hill or back in the woods. :D

There's no way to escape the wrath, and being a great Husband I dont complain. I do however sincerely appreciate the fine words of wisdom ya'll have suggested. :tiphat:

Latest posts