Um, all you cattle sellers out there.

Help Support CattleToday:

Warning.
With all this info on ear tags you all are going to make your cattle bowlegged.You don't want to stunt the poor things do you?

mnmtranching":1pmfigw1 said:
Calman":1pmfigw1 said:
What's an ear tag?

Cal

I think it's something like flag football. Only you got to swat the ear. :nod:
Not a popular game, turns into fist fights. Seems folks don't like getting their ears swatted. :mad: :mad:

Boy howdy, we had enough fights just playing regular tag when I was a kid.

Cal

Jogeephus":2bfgouk3 said:
I've always found it helpful to include the moon phase as well. This way potential buyers will know what type frame the calf will have. Tide table would be helpful too but only if the calf is born in the north end of an eastern pasture. (laugh if you want but I assure you that if you hand the buyers this information before the sale they will look at you with utter disbelief at your vast comprehension of the system)

You will also want to cover what color your corral is painted, the manufacture and model number of your squeeze chute. Since you need all this to ear tag and the only ranchers that ear tag are the ranchers that handle their cattle.

In case everybody reading this thinks the whole world is laughing at this mirthfest, I'm not. Not the least bit funny.

I like to buy color tags that match my pickup. 8) :cowboy: And put REALLY BIG numbers on them so's buyers figure I am a REALLY BIG rancher. Big Tags with numbers like A-7-Y 3001. :banana:

Beckett":1s8hxy3a said:
Well ive tagged everything on the farm includeing the wife. (She wasnt happy about it).

(laughin)
I just had to post
Beckett

Now I just had not thought about that. Perhaps it could be a new costume jewelry fad. Should we do it in one ear or both?

grannysoo":3txusc04 said:
Beckett":3txusc04 said:
Well ive tagged everything on the farm includeing the wife. (She wasnt happy about it).

(laughin)
I just had to post
Beckett

Now I just had not thought about that. Perhaps it could be a new costume jewelry fad. Should we do it in one ear or both?

The more tags in the ears, the more times the cows have been run through the chute. I've got about 15 in one ear right now. Since I have to pull CIDRS today, I guess I need to get a new set ready.

Latest posts