Um, all you cattle sellers out there.

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
Can you please include a one page detailed description about each animal you send through the sale yards, injections, pedigree, how you bring your cattle in from the paddock, that kind of thing. I would really appreciate it. How else am I supposed to know that you have looked after your animals thus far. If you don't include the report, please don't expect top dollar from me. Thanks.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

aussie_cowgirl":17xl6vq9 said:
Can you please include a one page detailed description about each animal you send through the sale yards, injections, pedigree, how you bring your cattle in from the paddock, that kind of thing. I would really appreciate it. How else am I supposed to know that you have looked after your animals thus far. If you don't include the report, please don't expect top dollar from me. Thanks.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Easier to just stick a tag in their ear. That will get you top dollar!

If I make it a two page description will I get double top dollar?

Better yet, since I don't own any cattle, how about I just buy some ear tags and run them through the sale barn? That should get me something. Right?

aussie_cowgirl":t8da87ys said:
2 page description on your ear tags and we're talking.

(Your post made me laugh so much my chest hurts :p )

That's gonna be one heck of an ear tag! Probably outweigh the calf.

Aussie I think the biggest thing I am going to get docked for this year is disposition. I have never had a more annoying set of calves in my life and I know that the sire is definately responsible... :mad:

I cannot even go in and walk around with out a group of them following me around or even coming up and licking my boots or pants.. :lol2: But boy they run when I go BOO !!!!!!!.... ;-)

Well ive tagged everything on the farm includeing the wife. (She wasnt happy about it). Im shipping everything off to the sale barn in a couple days, so wish me luck. Im gonna be rich. The rabbit cant hardly walk with that big tag stuck in his ear, but i doubt anybody will notice since all the cattle buyers will be bust reading the ear tag. I will also include a documentory on each animal.
In the next month or so i will be buying untagged animals at future sales but im not going to pay squat for them.

(laughin)
I just had to post
Beckett

Beckett":1vdcx77m said:
Well ive tagged everything on the farm includeing the wife. (She wasnt happy about it). Im shipping everything off to the sale barn in a couple days, so wish me luck. Im gonna be rich. The rabbit cant hardly walk with that big tag stuck in his ear, but i doubt anybody will notice since all the cattle buyers will be bust reading the ear tag. I will also include a documentory on each animal.
In the next month or so i will be buying untagged animals at future sales but im not going to pay squat for them.

(laughin)
I just had to post
Beckett

That's brilliant!! :lol2: :lol2: You've just opened up a whole world of possibilities. I'm gonna try it with goats. Buy a few, tag 'em and run 'em through the sale barn. The buyers will be so impressed with what's on the tags, they won't even notice that they're goats and will pay top dollar. If it works I'm gonna quit my job and go into it full time. :D

VanC":zbxnu6cv said:
Beckett":zbxnu6cv said:

(laughin)
I just had to post
Beckett

That's brilliant!! :lol2: :lol2: You've just opened up a whole world of possibilities. I'm gonna try it with goats. Buy a few, tag 'em and run 'em through the sale barn. The buyers will be so impressed with what's on the tags, they won't even notice that they're goats and will pay top dollar. If it works I'm gonna quit my job and go into it full time. :D

That's a great idea. If I could find a ticks ear maybe I could get someone to buy them and we could have some peace from the cursed things.

Y'all are taking a heck of a beating when you sell calves without eartags. :???:

with all the info that I put on the eartags it usually increases my calves weight at least 30 -60 lbs

after you add his mommas heritage, his daddies heritage, what day he was conceived and the weather on that day then everything the cow ate for the gestational period
then the weather conditions on the day he was born and what direction the cow was standing and what the componoents in the amniotic fluid and then how stressed the cow was and also the stress level on the calf, then all the weather conditions and everything the cow and calf ate till weaning,

then the weather conditions handling practices and diet from weaning til the calf was sold I would say it adds at least 60lbs

Oh I almost forgot to add what kind and color of truck and trailer that the calf was hauled to market in is also on that tag

I think the added weight covers the cost of the tag and all the ink that I have to use to write all that info on the tag but I don't think it is gonna pay for the surgery for my carpal tunnel surgery from all that writing :cry2:

Angus Cowman":hbc5bbxu said:
with all the info that I put on the eartags it usually increases my calves weight at least 30 -60 lbs

after you add his mommas heritage, his daddies heritage, what day he was conceived and the weather on that day then everything the cow ate for the gestational period
then the weather conditions on the day he was born and what direction the cow was standing and what the componoents in the amniotic fluid and then how stressed the cow was and also the stress level on the calf, then all the weather conditions and everything the cow and calf ate till weaning,

then the weather conditions handling practices and diet from weaning til the calf was sold I would say it adds at least 60lbs

Oh I almost forgot to add what kind and color of truck and trailer that the calf was hauled to market in is also on that tag

I think the added weight covers the cost of the tag and all the ink that I have to use to write all that info on the tag but I don't think it is gonna pay for the surgery for my carpal tunnel surgery from all that writing :cry2:

Now hold on a minute Cowman! We all know that knowing when your calves are born and stuff like that ain't important. ;-)

Actually AC your post got me thinking. I am using to small of tags. I use the medium for all cattle because they are less likely to get caught on something BUT I should retag my feeders right before I sell them with HUGE tags and add a couple ounces to their weight I may make an extra penny or so at the sale. :idea:

I've always found it helpful to include the moon phase as well. This way potential buyers will know what type frame the calf will have. Tide table would be helpful too but only if the calf is born in the north end of an eastern pasture. (laugh if you want but I assure you that if you hand the buyers this information before the sale they will look at you with utter disbelief at your vast comprehension of the system)

Calman":14ibn0be said:
What's an ear tag?

Cal

I think it's something like flag football. Only you got to swat the ear. :nod:
Not a popular game, turns into fist fights. Seems folks don't like getting their ears swatted. :mad: :mad:

Latest posts