Ultrablacks?

Help Support CattleToday:

brenda

Reaction score
We have to change out our bull this year and are considering an Ultrablack. We run Angus/Brangus cross cows. We need a bull that is going to add weight gain and muscle to our calves. We have used Angus in the past, anyone have any information or use an Ultrablack that might can give me some insight on this breed?

Sounds like 6 of one and a half dozen of the other ;-) Not much difference between Ultrablacks and Brangus....

If you want to add some muscle, capacity and maternal to some calves why don't you try some angus bulls with bloodlines from outfits that breed for that--like Ohlde bloodlines....

http://www.ohldecattle.com/sired.html

Don't see where you will gain the calves you get form a angus, brangus cross would be pretty close to a Ultrablack. Likely do better going with a Brangus. Try something like a Limmi or a Char bull

Some of the best looking cows in my area come from a farm that has lots of simangus cross. Beautiful cows.

i would be sure I could afford heavier cows that eat more before I tried to get heavier calves.

brenda":37rlk8n1 said:
We have to change out our bull this year and are considering an Ultrablack. We run Angus/Brangus cross cows. We need a bull that is going to add weight gain and muscle to our calves. We have used Angus in the past, anyone have any information or use an Ultrablack that might can give me some insight on this breed?

Just a fancy name for BRANGUS BULL with about the same or just a tad more angus. It wont help any to breed them to what you have already.

Pretty much what the angus plus is. Some variable proportion of Brahman and some variable proportion of angus

S&WSigma40VEShooter":1j4kmrcx said:
brenda":1j4kmrcx said:

Just a fancy name for BRANGUS BULL with about the same or just a tad more angus. It wont help any to breed them to what you have already.

NO it is not a Brangus it is an Angus x Brangus. Find a GOOD Purebred Brangus bull if you want to go that route and forget about the Ultrablack.

bigag03":9liyc4zh said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":9liyc4zh said:
brenda":9liyc4zh said:

NO it is not a Brangus it is an Angus x Brangus. Find a GOOD Purebred Brangus bull if you want to go that route and forget about the Ultrablack.

AngusXBrangus????? Hmmmmmmmmm isnt that what I just said a tad more angus????? Brangus with a tad more angus. Pretty cut and dry.

brenda":54f4sjjc said:
I would suggest a hereford or a simmental bull

alacattleman":1ssudc33 said:
http://www.cowcreekbulls.com/CCR%20Images/5381N2.color.cutout.gif this is a ultrablack bull, where are you in ms..? cow creek is right on the ala/ms line, they ought to be a stones throw from you

Nice thick bull.

alacattleman":b34wiqfg said:
http://www.cowcreekbulls.com/CCR%20Images/5381N2.color.cutout.gif this is a ultrablack bull, where are you in ms..? cow creek is right on the ala/ms line, they ought to be a stones throw from you

Yep and they have a sale coming up real soon too...got some good Ultrablacks for sale in it. Should work well with your operation.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":2dc2h4tv said:
brenda":2dc2h4tv said:

Actually they're exactly half as much brahman (3/16) and 13/16 Angus. (On paper anyway) :lol2:

TexasBred":19q7hb0g said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":19q7hb0g said:
brenda":19q7hb0g said:

Actually they're exactly half as much brahman (3/16) and 13/16 Angus. (On paper anyway) :lol2:
cowcreeks bulls should help em plenty ...

Thanks for all your suggestions. We have used cow creek brangus bulls before, and had some of the best calves we've had. Have known Joe and Joy well over 15 years, and will going to their sale in October.
We're in a program in our county that wants the black calves, but little ear. And we needed a higher weaning weight than what we've gotten with our 2 angus bulls. So that's why we were checking on something else. Thanks again for all your input

Latest posts