Uh Huh

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater":3rioc0do said:
Rafter S":3rioc0do said:
People often respond to things like that without thinking. Like the checker at the grocery store asking "How are you?". When I'm asked that I usually respond with something out of the ordinary, like "Better than I deserve", "Getting better every day", "Not bad for an old fat man", or "If it was any better I couldn't stand it" just to see what reaction I'll get.
That's where I get my dander up. Whenever someone asks how I'm doing I make sure to respond and in turn ask how they are. That isn't supposed to be a one way question but that's how people take it most of the time. You'd be surprised how many people get kind of dumbfounded that you asked back, especially if you act like you care.
To me having someone ask how I'm doing and not check back on their state is self centered.

I'm tempted to start responding with Dave Ramsey's standard reply, "Better than I deserve"

JMJ Farms":nfc612t8 said:
If you get right down to it attitude and tone are much more important to me than the actual words used.
You bet!

However, no amount of attitude and tone will make an "uh huh" amount to anything

I am loving this thread especially since someone said its the younger generation that responds with no problem! I have been known to use that response so I must be one of the younger generation :banana: :banana: :banana:. I do admit that in most cases I respond with your welcome, but I have used the no problem response....ha you old geezers. My favorite response when someone asks how I'm doing is that if I was a dog my tail would be wagging how are you. That response usually brings a smile so that makes my day.

Gizmom

" Have a nice day". Well duh....
I always tell em "there is still enough time for someone to come along and mess it up" ;)

gizmom":z7yuug4c said:
My favorite response when someone asks how I'm doing is that if I was a dog my tail would be wagging how are you. That response usually brings a smile so that makes my day.

Gizmom
:lol: Can I steal that? It's all encompassing as far as I know. My dogs wag no matter what kind of shyt is hitting the fan.

Nesikep":3kd1vw05 said:
I often respond with "I can't complain.. and no one would listen anyhow"

I was told that you shouldn't tell people your problems, because half of them don't care and the other half are glad it's happening to you.

When you ask my granddaddy how he's doing he will often respond with a smile "I'm vertical" which he says at 83 is pretty good.

JMJ Farms":15c3x786 said:
When you ask my granddaddy how he's doing he will often respond with a smile "I'm vertical" which he says at 83 is pretty good.
Sounds like lyle who is a coworker of mine about the same age :lol: (he is just a kid in a old mans body :nod: )

M5 On your lines how about Finer than frog hair split three ways.

Nesi - Every day above ground is a good day, Every days a holiday, Every meals a feast.

People tell me to "have a nice day". I am tempted to reply, "don't tell me what kind of day to have." So far I have refrained from doing it but one day the right person will say it.......

Dave":2ddrpt8v said:
People tell me to "have a nice day". I am tempted to reply, "don't tell me what kind of day to have." So far I have refrained from doing it but one day the right person will say it.......
:lol: :lol: :clap:

I usually just say "I"m doing great and how are you??" If someone says "Thank You" I usually just say "My pleasure".

Latest posts