Ugly cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I was at the salebarn today and there was the ugliest bunch of steers that I have seen in a long time in the holding pins. They were Jersey x Longhorn. Talking about no muscle :lol: There was about 10 or 12 to sell. The first one through brought about 100 bucks. The average weight of each steer in the group was probably about 450 pounds. Since the first one only brought 100 bucks the owner elected not to sell the rest. I thought he should let em go so he didn't have to pay to feed them. They had jersey heads, longhorn horns and a mix of spots and jersey style bodies. I should have taken pics :mrgreen:

HOSS":1xqwnr16 said:
I was at the salebarn today and there was the ugliest bunch of steers that I have seen in a long time in the holding pins. They were Jersey x Longhorn. Talking about no muscle :lol: There was about 10 or 12 to sell. The first one through brought about 100 bucks. The average weight of each steer in the group was probably about 450 pounds. Since the first one only brought 100 bucks the owner elected not to sell the rest. I thought he should let em go so he didn't have to pay to feed them. They had jersey heads, longhorn horns and a mix of spots and jersey style bodies. I should have taken pics :mrgreen:

HOSS, doesn't sound like he has any feed expense anyway. :lol: Those things don't sell good anytime around here. Saw some longhorn steers a while back that weighed in the 400's...all brought about 22--25 cents per pound.

well he will have some cheap meat in another 6 months to year.because if he sells them he will lose his backside.

Running Arrow Bill":2ptmedf4 said:
LOL!

A Jersey X Longhorn makes about as much sense as a Yak X Kangaroo...lol.

:)

That's funny! Like to see somebody try that.

Brute 23":2ptmedf4 said:
Yall are probably hurting some ones feelings on here right now. :)

Nobody smart enough to use CT and the internet is clueless enough to use that cross...are they?? :lol:

The charitable assumption would be that a fence broke next to a dairy farm and these were an "accident"...

can't get the "smilies" to work so just assume a "wink"

buckmaster33":h6zkusou said:
Running Arrow Bill":h6zkusou said:
LOL!

A Jersey X Longhorn makes about as much sense as a Yak X Kangaroo...lol.

:)

That's funny! Like to see somebody try that.

Brute 23":h6zkusou said:
Yall are probably hurting some ones feelings on here right now. :)

Nobody smart enough to use CT and the internet is clueless enough to use that cross...are they?? :lol:
Well,Monday in Nixon I saw just that. Jersey/longhorn calves that some yahoo brought in. They were hideous little boogers. They also had something crossed with a jersey,but it was ugly. She had real tiny ears on a jersey face,but she was gray and white paint. She was so ugly I almost bought her. But it's to cold to live outside right now :lol:
I stood there for a long time staring at that heifer. The back part of her body looked like a brahama,but her head was tan/black like a jersey's.

SRBeef":22tia5gs said:
The charitable assumption would be that a fence broke next to a dairy farm and these were an "accident"...

can't get the "smilies" to work so just assume a "wink"

:lol: :lol: A dang jersey bull will breed a cow "thru" a barbed wire fence. They are "active" little rascals.

Must be a Longhorn breeder who was really paranoid about getting his heifers' safely bred.

Latest posts